Vista Prices Leaked

Status
Not open for further replies.
no, i think they are nice. i like their look, theyre really "classy" and have great software IMO. great quality computers. if i diddnt play game s i think i would deffinitly buy one. sure theyre a little over priced, but so are ipods. and everybody still has those. its kindof like the pc being the regular mp3 player (cheaper, with more space for the money) and the mac being the ipod (expensive and less space for the money). yeah stupid inalagy but what the ****.

i just dont know why you would buy a mac mini, thespecs arnt great. if i were going to buy a mac i would make it worth my time and get a macbook pro.

bmxfreakrider said:
true, and if it breaks, it dont ccost crap to reinstall the os, while if its a dell or something and they ask you to send that ****er in, you get charged out ur ***, home build is free, besides parts

EDIT: also, now dont get me wrong, but how are macs doin now? like 4 years ago they sucked ***, they a lil better now? not gonna get one, just wondering. also if ne one knows, how does a macs preformance stack up against amd and intel(speed wize)?

Macs ARE Intel. And when they had IBM PowerPC processors, they were faster (well, the G5 was the fastest for a while). Now they are the same. NEXT

odysseus said:
there a **** of a lot better speed wise, but iim not really sure why they went w/ intel and not AMD, cause well... i won't get into that here, but mac's still aren't as compatable and as widespread as PC's and software is a biach because they've switched from a PowerPC (ironic isn't it) infrastructure i.e. the CPU, to an intel infrastructure. So, only
some
of the softwear is "Universal" plus its really fricking expensive in contrast and last of all they have almost no games for mac......

but i'll eventually get a mac mini for basic tasks because they don't freeze (hardly ever)

You don't have an Intel Mac. I do. Software is not a "biach" ... 98% of software I've needed is a universal binary, and if it's not, it runs with rosetta perfectly fine, and just as fast (nearly).

No games for Mac? http://www.apple.com/games/

What games are not for Mac OS X, you install Windows for. NEXT

bmxfreakrider said:
wow, i was kinda diggin that powermac g4 desktop, only one i like, but since mac's use intels then, well, what about the older macs, that use the sun chip or whatever its called? like the old imacs, and ....ill just google

The PowerMac G4 from 4 years ago? Sun chip? No, IBM. Yes, just go Google it. NEXT

bmxfreakrider said:
wait...hold on a sec. if macs use intel now, dont that mean, theoretically, that they can run windows?

YES. Do you live on the moon or something? NEXT

massacreinfallx said:
or heres an idea, you can stick in the restoredisk they give you with the pc that has the OS on it.

and yeah, macs can run windows. windows cant run osx......................

.........legally

Windows can't run an operating system, Windows IS an operating system. NEXT

bmxfreakrider said:
i dont get it. what if u buy osx, would it run? o and after about 2 hours of looking at macs on the inet, and finding a guy who made a case out of legeos, i might get a mac, but if i do, i want it to run windows. so as ive understood from what ive read so far, windows will only work on the newer apples with a intel processor, tho i might be wrong. has anybody tried to run windows(ne version) on an older mac, like a imac, or a powerpc?

Did you not read the link? http://apple.com/bootcamp

You can NOT run Windows on a PowerPC Mac without Virtual PC or some kind of emulation software. It is horribly slow. It runs in a window in OS X, it does NOT run natively as it does on Intel Macs. NEXT

odysseus said:
u might be able to install linux through DOS (good luck if its running on a mac), but i couldn't see why u couldn't triple boot... **** that'd be sweet

DOS? WTF? NEXT

bmxfreakrider said:
i can imagine it now...get an apple, parents go into room, expecting to see old gray apple, then BOOM blue and green takbar! or atleast a dos-prompt if not linux. but for what ive read, linux has versions for apple(yellowdog) that work. just a thought tho, cause i got a powerpc in my spare room with a bad hdd, might try later, if i can get one to work with it(peice of crap wont go higher than 10gb, and my next biggest is 3gb, but its too loud to even bother

Linux does NOT have a DOS prompt. Yellowdog Linux is for PowerPC Macs, now ANY Linux distro works on Macs. NEXT

odysseus said:
dude, a power PC won't be worth it because it'll have to emulate for an intel infrastructure.........

the mac mini's like $500 or $600, and its a dual-core

Linux, unlike Windows, supports LOTS of architectures, it runs NATIVELY on PowerPC Macs WITHOUT any emulation AT ALL. NEXT

massacreinfallx said:
i dont get it, why would you want a mac mini. you could build a pc for 600 bucks that would own it.

Its SMALL. It runs OS X. It's a Mac. It's silent. It doesn't have stickers on it. It doesn't have a Dell symbol on it. It isn't a cheap aluminum and plastic box with a Celeron in it. It is a great piece of machinery. And the ONLY thing your $600 PC might own it in is video card capability. The Mac Mini has a Core Duo 1.83Ghz which OWNS any $600 PC you can find. NEXT

bmxfreakrider said:
thats y i dont like macs...overated, overpriced, POS!!!(no offence to who ever owns one)

Find me a 1" thick PC laptop with a 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB of ram, 120GB SATA harddrive, X1600 w/ 256mb GDDR3, built in camera mic remote bluetooth wireless internet and a 15.4" widescreen with a resolution of 1440x900 for less that $2385 (which is what I paid for mine from www.apple.com) and we'll talk, until then your overpriced comment is INVALID AND A BLATANT LIE. POS? VIRUSES SPYWARE HAHAHA BSOD.

WOW. Install Linux through DOS nearly gave me a heart attack.

wow. that awnsers everything. yea see the prob is that i only used a mac once, and that was at school, ive been livin on windows since 95 came out. huh, so i see that a mac is good and on top now, but if you get one, are they upgradeable? say processor/video/ram? might look into one now, but first, do macs have dual monitor support? side by side, not clone

almost all macs you can upgrade ram im not sure about proccessers and i dont think you can upgrade graphics card except on g5 towers ( i forget the proper name) but the new mac pro has 3 pci-e x16 slots! it also supports up to 16 gb of ram!!!!

You can upgrade ram and harddrives in all Macs, and in the PowerMac G5 and the Mac Pro (the quad Xeon) you can upgrade RAM, harddrives, video cards, there are PCI slots for TV tuners and the such. Processors? Nah... :confused:

Yes you can have dual monitors, if you really felt like it you could have dual 30" 2560x1600 displays. They can be side-by-side, over 'n' under, corner to corner, whatever you want. You can also have it clone mode and anything else you'd want.

Back on top here. I'm sure those prices are RETAIL prices, and we all know we can just buy an OEM disk cheaper.

Its funny to see all the whining about the price and the "**** M$ I'll just download it off the internet" crap. Makes me wonder how many of the posters on this thread are naive teenagers. When XP came out in 2001 it was $99 for an upgrade copy and $199 for the full version. XP Pro was $199 for the upgrade version and $299 for a full copy. The prices are right on when compared to the "Home Basic" and "Business" verions of Vista. The only difference is that there are 2 extra versions. And also if you consider that XP was just built on an already existing OS, Windows NT, and Vista is being built from the ground up, there is a lot more work going into Vista than there was in XP, so of yeah its going to cost more. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom