Vista Prices Leaked

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh and...

a prebuilt computer you find at bestbuy isnt going to come with the 400$ version of vista for 500 bucks. probably only the home basic version, wich is only 100 for oem. so you wont be saving any money.

yeah what i meant to say was, if you CAN find a cheaper prebuilt than building then buy it. but chances are youre never going to find one for cheaper then you could build it, because then the companys wouldnt be making much money at all. but ya, your not going to find vista ultimate in a 400 dollar machine.

yeah, its also fun to make ur own as well as the learning experience. Futhermore u intimately know every single part of your computer and it could be easier to diagnose problems, if u know what your doing......

true, and if it breaks, it dont ccost crap to reinstall the os, while if its a dell or something and they ask you to send that ****er in, you get charged out ur ***, home build is free, besides parts

EDIT: also, now dont get me wrong, but how are macs doin now? like 4 years ago they sucked ***, they a lil better now? not gonna get one, just wondering. also if ne one knows, how does a macs preformance stack up against amd and intel(speed wize)?

there a **** of a lot better speed wise, but iim not really sure why they went w/ intel and not AMD, cause well... i won't get into that here, but mac's still aren't as compatable and as widespread as PC's and software is a biach because they've switched from a PowerPC (ironic isn't it) infrastructure i.e. the CPU, to an intel infrastructure. So, only
some
of the softwear is "Universal" plus its really fricking expensive in contrast and last of all they have almost no games for mac......

but i'll eventually get a mac mini for basic tasks because they don't freeze (hardly ever)

bmxfreakrider said:
true, and if it breaks, it dont ccost crap to reinstall the os, while if its a dell or something and they ask you to send that ****er in, you get charged out ur ***, home build is free, besides parts

EDIT: also, now dont get me wrong, but how are macs doin now? like 4 years ago they sucked ***, they a lil better now? not gonna get one, just wondering. also if ne one knows, how does a macs preformance stack up against amd and intel(speed wize)?

or heres an idea, you can stick in the restoredisk they give you with the pc that has the OS on it.

and yeah, macs can run windows. windows cant run osx......................

.........legally

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom