To Vista or not to Vista, that is the question

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've heard that Microsoft has actually given up on Vista. They are planning to come out with some new op system in a few years, they are calling it G7 or something like that. Is this true?

Maybe even the best minds from Stanford and MIT come to a halt when facing billions of lines of operating system code.

Yes it is true. It is rumored to be called Windows Vienna or Windows 7

but I gotta know about that memory thing.. does having more ram effect CPU overclocking??
and also I just check. I have kingston hyper x ram, but 2 of my sticks are a different model number than the other 2, but they're both 240 pin pc6400. Does that mess anything up?

Yes it is true. It is rumored to be called Windows Vienna or Windows 7

but I gotta know about that memory thing.. does having more ram effect CPU overclocking??
and also I just check. I have kingston hyper x ram, but 2 of my sticks are a different model number than the other 2, but they're both 240 pin pc6400. Does that mess anything up?

no, it doesnt limit ur cpu o/c but having ur ram too far out of its original specs can limit ur o/c so always o/c ur cpu first then your ram.

aslong as they are both pc6400 and same timings ull be fine.

okay, when I get my new board, hopefully on tuesday, I'll figure out how that will set up. Because right now my board defaults my ram to 667 and I can't find where to change it.

okay, when I get my new board, hopefully on tuesday, I'll figure out how that will set up. Because right now my board defaults my ram to 667 and I can't find where to change it.

it could be in chipset config, maybe under north bridge setup. thats where the some asus ones are. or my evga has it under advanced chipset features. look on google for an tutorial on overclocking with ds3r should be easy to find

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom