Vista Beta....Beautiful but....

Status
Not open for further replies.
I installed it on a second bootable hard drive. And I get the driver issue, BTW that is why I will wiat to upgrade for compatable drivers for all my stuff. I have not yet found an anit-virus program that doesn't have issues. Anyone? IMO Microsoft has hit a monster homerun wiht this new version of winodws. Finally....Mac got wacked!!! :)

PZEROFGH said:
Don't worry first time I installed it I restarted and BAM blue screen :). A cold boot worked :confused:

I thought it looks nice, can't run dual monitors :mad: It just looks like a cooler windows xp though. With some more annoying features :eek:

Bump...BTW....I'm runnning dual monitors on a funky 7300gs. It's exactly the same gig as with XP in video properties. you just extend the monitor and set the pixel and frame rates as in xp. Maybe your video card is fubared???:p

should I plug in another monitor to test duals on my vista install? I have an x1800...and of course they are dual moni :)

anyhow, for testing purposes just go ahead and try the trend micro pc cillin anti-v...they offered free beta testing of it a while ago, not sure now of course, though I'm pretty sure still

I'm using that atm...they way vista's kernel is coded anti-v has to be written with it in mind to work approprately.

The 64bit....can be a nightmare. Only because you'll have to work at getting certain drivers "fed" through so that it can work. Meaning stuff like, using a cheap vga card...finishing install, installing new vista catalyst drivers, powering down, replace vga with new gpu card, then power back up....and hope it works :)

I'm too lazy for that now ;p

Are the 32-bit and 64-bit versions seperate programs you have to download? Are they Beta testing the 64 too? If so, has anyone used it and is it stable or have they had any other issue's? I tried the 64-bit version of XP and they didn't have drivers out for my mobo or other hardware yet so I uninstalled, and alot of 32-bit games wouldn't install. Overall though, how would you guys say 64-bit version of Vista works with gaming PC's?

dude slow down, LOL. It is really buggy with anti-virus wear, you can download either 64 or 32 bit versions. Or thye have a dvd you can buy with both of them on it. I dont think any games utilze 64bit processing right now.

So, Rico, how did you get a key? I can't find anything on the pages @ MS with a link for one.

RicoDirenzo said:
Bump...BTW....I'm runnning dual monitors on a funky 7300gs. It's exactly the same gig as with XP in video properties. you just extend the monitor and set the pixel and frame rates as in xp. Maybe your video card is fubared???:p

Obviously, I did that, but then after i hit ok, my primary monitor goes beserk, and blah. lol :D I don't think a 7900GT is fubared :D.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsvista/getready/preview.mspx

Download > country > etc. It will ask for some information and your email address.

Then you will get a product key, email with your product key, and email with information abuot downloading with 2 other different languages :shocked. Also information on forums and how to burn the .iso to your DVD :) :classic:

Download also only took me about an hour :D :p BAM!

Error

Thank you for participating in the Microsoft Windows Vista Customer Preview Program.

You have received the maximum number of Product Keys available for this program.

209050.gif
wtfb2tb.gif
209050.gif

Never mind. I searched through my Yahoo account and found the key... two of them, in fact.

doh4jw.gif

lancec2c30 said:
dude slow down, LOL. It is really buggy with anti-virus wear, you can download either 64 or 32 bit versions. Or thye have a dvd you can buy with both of them on it. I dont think any games utilze 64bit processing right now.

I didn't ask if video games use the 64-bit capability, I asked if they are running stable on the 64-bit vesion of Vista.

I got to check out the Vista website and it seems they have a program that checks your hardware for compatibility. My sound card, wireless SRX card, and Rise of Nations aren't compatible. I think I'll give it a shot but if my wireless card doesn't work, F that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom