Vista 64 makes me sad in the pants.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol I have had Vista for 6 motnhs so dont talk be about dissapointment :D. I ran XP the entire time during those 6 months only updating Vista.

Now I run Vista 24/7 no prolesm what so server. :_

Yeah i'm also slighty dissapointed with vista.

With xp i only had to use my router/modem firewall, it blocked out everything. I also used zone alarm as extra protection, but after 2 yrs i still had 0 intrusions blocked.

Switched over to vista and its higher security etc. had it installed less than a week so far and i have had 6214 intrusions blocked by my zonealarm firewall, and you dont want to know how many my hardware firewall blocked...

Also OMG i hate UAC, every dam thing you do it ask's "are you sure you want to do this?"

but vista IS pretty, and i have 4gb of ram (3.25 recognised :( ) and seeing as i love new/flashy things, i cannot go back to XP :S

People... turn off UAC, I'm tired of hearing you people ***** about it and using it as a reason why Vista is a bad operating system. This feature is completely useless to anyone who uses this forum anyway.

If I remember correctly, when I first bought my laptop (Vista) and wanted to delete an icon, I went through 5 different confirmation windows. That was depressing.

People... turn off UAC, I'm tired of hearing you people ***** about it and using it as a reason why Vista is a bad operating system. This feature is completely useless to anyone who uses this forum anyway.

agreed, once this is turned off it will not ask you 'if you are sure' etc..

yes vista uses alot of ram right now that is bad for us as gamers. but it really does help overall speed of loading up programs. the dodgy thing is i think if you disable a service is still uses the same % or ur memory all the time. what they need to do in sp1 is make a feature that will disable all useless features to us as gamers and provide full control in what we a are running

So far the only thing i havent been able to get to work right, which pretty much makes vista useless to me, is i cant get my third video card to work. Since this is apparently the only way to use both SLI and a 2nd monitor. Works perfectly fine in XP, but vista still gives me the big ! next to my ati card that i use for my 2nd monitor.

And yes i turned off UAC and am dual booting, so vista is just a project at this point.

RAM hog, I tried using vista for a bout a week, not only the UAC annoyed me(as many have you pointed out) but the simple fact that i couldn't save in one folder or another without permission,i had vista on a laptop, so, i think that might lead to some problems in it's own since i don't want to upgrade or 'format' the drive for xp.

bummer, i just put my laptop up, probably going to sell it.

on the other spectrum, yes, it hogs ram, the very least for xp is around 32mbs of ram??? check me if i'm wrong plz, but xp ran on less ram and did it's job, yes, i believe vista is in it's beta testing stages but that's to say the same thing about a buggy console game, unfortunately for people who buy a pc with vista installed and very little pc knowledge they have to deal with the annoyances and like most console games there is no 'update', you live with it. I think people @ tech forums have an unfair advantage. btw, my friend installed vista and it dual screens fine, am i missing something?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom