Views on my could-be future PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you really don't want to/can't build a custom PC, that seems like something you should do. Of course it would be cheaper to custom build it, but that's how everything is. You really do get a lot of sweet stuff in that package, and if you have the money I'd say go for it.

yea now that ive realized its australian.. its not nearly as bad as i thought.. im still for building.. but if you arent up to it.. go for the alienware

NO WAY. Don't buy that from Alienware. Alienware PC's are good, but they are so far overpriced it's not even funny.

Here let me explain this to you this way.

AU - 5567.99 - 300 MIR = 5267.99
That's 3,864.60 USD

You could very, very easily build that same PC for under $3000.00 USD or 4,089.00 AU. IF you don't have teh knowledge to build you're own, well don't worry, (TF-Members) have helped hundreds of people just like you, BYO and save money. Just get comfortable here and start using the search function. This will bring you directly to many, many threads were your questions will be answered. If you can't find your question, then start posting threads asking questions.

You're best bet would be to stay in this Section.

Good luck

BTW - XP Home with a highend gaming PC isn't a good choice. XP PRO.

HAVOC2k5 said:
NO WAY. Don't buy that from Alienware. Alienware PC's are good, but they are so far overpriced it's not even funny.

Here let me explain this to you this way.

AU - 5567.99 - 300 MIR = 5267.99
That's 3,864.60 USD

You could very, very easily build that same PC for under $3000.00 USD or 4,089.00 AU. IF you don't have teh knowledge to build you're own, well don't worry, (TF-Members) have helped hundreds of people just like you, BYO and save money. Just get comfortable here and start using the search function. This will bring you directly to many, many threads were your questions will be answered. If you can't find your question, then start posting threads asking questions.

You're best bet would be to stay in this Section.

Good luck

JEEEZZZ let me change my opinion again... its almost $4000 dollars? nevermind me telling you to get it... its not worth it at all. i mean unless your super rich and money is not at all a factor.. then whatever it doesnt matter.. but if you care about the money. do it yourself.. you can make a better and cheaper pc than that alien ware... and also itll be fun to make

biggjoee5790 said:
well from new egg there is no tax.. and total shipping was like 15 dollars.. no i didnt get the case or psu.. but the local stores near my house have really good cases so ill do that to avoid shipping costs. so total it will be somewhere aroung $870. you can check out my sig to check out the parts i got. newegg has a good deal for the evga 7800gt.. you can get a decent mobo with it for free

I live in California, an area that Newegg taxes, so I got a $70 tax. Sucks. Maybe I should consider buying somewhere else. The shipping was over $40.. so thats $110..

dive said:
I live in California, an area that Newegg taxes, so I got a $70 tax. Sucks. Maybe I should consider buying somewhere else. The shipping was over $40.. so thats $110..

Ohh wow thats a different story then.. i guess you can try tigerdirect. im not really sure.. all i know is that if your not in the newegg tax area.. its the best way to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom