Videos of applying thermal grease and heatsync

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey thanks for the link. So as i understand it i don't need to use a credit card or spread it at all?

No problem =).

No, you don't need to use a credit card to spread it, the heatsink will do that when you go to mount it.

So after i apply the thin horizontal line i install the heatsink and let it do the rest?

EDIT: didn't see your reply:p Thanks for advice. I'll let you know how it turns out.

super simple just squeeze a little paste on top of the cpu use your finger and spread over the top of the cpu clean hand dry hand then put on heatsink.

You don't have to spread the paste with anything yourself...you just let the heatsink do that when you mount it on top of the CPU after you've applied the paste.. and I posted a link on how to apply the paste already ;).

I use a vertical line like this.....works great

AS5.jpg

Get rid of that AS5 stuff!
img.cfm

Get rid of that AS5 stuff!
img.cfm

as funny as that is, (i read the same article) as5 is probably the best available tim on the market. mx-2 is slightly better, but costs alot more. Also, never, EVER, use your finger to spread the tim because the oils on your finger will jack with the thermal transfer.

as funny as that is, (i read the same article) as5 is probably the best available tim on the market. mx-2 is slightly better, but costs alot more. Also, never, EVER, use your finger to spread the tim because the oils on your finger will jack with the thermal transfer.

I should have mentioned that. about the oils part.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom