Video Editing Rig for $900 Budget

Status
Not open for further replies.
some adobe premier plugins and ops will crawl if you don't have a good GFX card.

since you can pass the video renderer to the GFX card (non cuda) (keep in mind these are uncompressed frames and is NOT like playing a regular vid this is more intense) if you have a crap card your video in the editor will chip-chop away like mad and slow down. my sister is a pro and demanded a good GFX card so I got her a system with an nvidia upper-mid range card (the absolute upper end of her budget). and it works alot better then the low end ati she used to use it on her old pc. my sis has been editing videos (making amv's and other vids) for 10 years.

adobe premier is demanding and that is the industry standard editing app that seems to be what most use today so you'll need to spec to that and not to just a budget if you are going pro.

some adobe premier plugins and ops will crawl if you don't have a good GFX card.

since you can pass the video renderer to the GFX card (non cuda) (keep in mind these are uncompressed frames and is NOT like playing a regular vid this is more intense) if you have a crap card your video in the editor will chip-chop away like mad and slow down. my sister is a pro and demanded a good GFX card so I got her a system with an nvidia upper-mid range card (the absolute upper end of her budget). and it works alot better then the low end ati she used to use it on her old pc. my sis has been editing videos (making amv's and other vids) for 10 years.

adobe premier is demanding and that is the industry standard editing app that seems to be what most use today so you'll need to spec to that and not to just a budget if you are going pro.

Would a 4850 be good enough?

looks ok to me :)

I don't know if premiere is optmised for ati or nvidia. seems to work best on nvidia but that card might work.

Okay. Anyone have any suggestions for any changes that would help alot? Im thinking a better motherboard maybe? I have $100 dollars to spare, but dont want to if it wont help too much with video editing and general use...Maybe some folding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom