video cards - evga vs. xfx

Status
Not open for further replies.

urbanunderachiever

Beta member
okay, so im building a new computer, and have my vid card narrowed down to these two: evga geforce 8600gts (Newegg.com - EVGA 256-P2-N761-AR GeForce 8600GTS 256MB 128-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 HDCP Video Card - Retail) and the xfx geforce 8600gts (Newegg.com - XFX PVT84GUDF3 GeForce 8600GTS 256MB 128-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 HDCP Video Card - Retail)
both have identical specs except for the ports available. they are both the same price as well. customer support isnt an issue as i will be buying them through newegg or a similar place. so which is gonna last longer, stay cooler and just overall be a better card?

The eVGA, I wouldn't recommend a 8600gts, but you can use the step up program to get a stronger card later on for the eVGA

why would you not reccomend the 8600 gts?
i cant afford the 8800 series right now... also, im not a super hardcore gamer, but want to be sure i can still at least play with decent enough graphics etc when i do play. mostly though i want a good card for hd purposes

yeah the 86 is good if ur not hard core at all. i have an extra 8600 gt. and take it from someone who used both evga and xfx over the years, they both rock! take your pick both are excellent choices.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom