Video card upgrade question

Status
Not open for further replies.
SELL! thats a great price, i second that card. about as good as a 4850 and cheaper. also if you want to get a 8800gs, the average overclock is about 700/1750/950 vs stock 550/1450/700 (i think thats right dont quote me) but it is about as good as a 8800gt stock assuming your playing at 1680x1050 or lower.

How many amps do you have on your 12v rail? If you don't know open the case and look at the psu sticker.

SELL! thats a great price, i second that card. about as good as a 4850 and cheaper.

Actually its not cheaper. You can get a 4850 for as low as $140 after MIR. But either card is nice.

Newegg.com - 4850

How many amps do you have on your 12v rail? If you don't know open the case and look at the psu sticker.

Actually its not cheaper. You can get a 4850 for as low as $140 after MIR. But either card is nice.

Newegg.com - 4850

Sorry to take so long to reply. If Ive read it right it says 0.8 amps by the -12 and 21 amps by the +12.

So of the 2 cards mentioned in this thread, which is the better preforming overall?

the 9800gtx+ is what i would get. and that card might push your psu. dou you have 2 pci-x connectors? you will need 2 for the 9800.

^^ The two PCI-E connectors would be on your power supply. Not your motherboard. A PCI-E connector is what you plug into your 7950gt to power it. But a 9800GTX needs two of them.

Got me on that one. When I saw PCI-E I thought it was short for PCI Express. Ill see if I can find that out. Im guessin Ill most likely have to upgrade my powersupply at any rate.

Since were on the subject, Im assuming that either card mentioned here will be compatible with my board, is that correct?

Ok, it looks like Ive narrowed it down to either the GTX 260 or the 9800 GX2. Now It looks like the 9800 GX2 has better fps in most games but is actually a good bit cheaper than the GTX 260. So which card is better overall?

And also the GTX 260 comes available in either 216 or 192 processing cores. I have no idea what that is but is it worth a $40 or so increase?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom