Video Card Upgrade, Plus more...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr DMoney

In Runtime
I have has the Evga 8800GTS 640mb. It has served me well, but I want to get a better one. The funny thing is I am selling it to my step brother for $250. He could get the 512 for that price new and have more power. I am thinking of getting the 9800gx2, when it is advalible. Does anyone really know when it is coming out and the price it is going to be. Hope it is not much higher than $500.
I don't really want to spend that much.

I am also thinking of doing other upgrades when I build my moms computer.

e6600 for a - e8400 or - q6600
2gb for 4gb
580w psu for something alot more
asus p5b deluxe MOBO for sometyhing that it a good board that supports e8400

the 9800gx2 are supposed to be around 450 from the current rumors, as to when it comes out i have no idea shouldnt be too long tho. i would go for a q6600 personally even if games dont use 4 cores it still improves game performance since your processor is rarely ever the gaming bottleneck. As for the ram more is always nicer but 2 gb is plenty for now, also what kind of ram is it (i.e. who made it, the speed, ect) and i would not upgrade that psu if it isnt giving you any problems. As for the mobo get a p35 chip set, they are great overclockers

also, you dont need to upgrade your psu to get more watts. You only need AMPS on the 12v rail, unless you have like a 5hdd raid or 3 dvd drives or something. Check for the amps on your 12v rail, and if you have 38 or so.. you should be good. (correct me on the good amount of amps people)

If you want to step up to a better psu, get the 520hx corsair. tons of amperage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom