Video Card Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, if i have two 6600GT's for now it will run much better.

My friend is willing to sell it to me for 45$. That is halla deal for now.
I'm probobly gona get the 7900 or the 8000...
By the time they will come out i will have about 1700$ saved up for them.

adam02 said:
SLI is a waste unless you run resolutions at like 1900x1600

And what about when Dual 6600GTs let you run at 6800GT performance? I mean, he's getting a 6600GT for sub-$50. Thats as good as it gets.

adam02 said:
you can check your FPS using Fraps, google it.

Its probably a good idea to keep the card and put the money towards something in the future. cos wen it comes to the point where youre gunna buy a 7900 or watever, you would sell the 6600GT on ebay or something, but having 2 of them is a lot harder to sell than the one. and you'd be saving too. so keep it. SLI is a waste unless you run resolutions at like 1900x1600

So you have experience with SLI or you're just repeating what you heard other people say?

So I guess getting 2 6800GS for 340 and being able to beat a 7800GTX is a waste.....

Well not only SLI expensive but its not worth it
For SLI you need:
A good SLI powersupply around $100
A good SLI motherboard around $150
A good SLI cooling supply (liquid cooling around $200)
Two good SLI linked graphics cards
The performance doesnt increase..... so if you get two 6800gts you would get about the same fps.. you would just get higher quality (eye candy)

I just would ignore sli for a while cause if you dont have all of the above you might as well forget it unless you spend on paying around $450 + the two graphics cards + the amd processor
BUt if you have the money..... go for it. (WISH I DID) :(

I have al of the above:
A good SLI powersupply around $100 (ANTEC 2.0 SLI)
A good SLI motherboard around $150 (DFI LANPARTY BLAh BLAH SLI-DR)
A good SLI cooling supply (liquid cooling around $200) and i got 4 zelmans running at the same time, temps isgood, ive decided to wait till the 8000 comes out, i'll have about 700$ then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom