Video card for under $125 before rebate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

qk232

Baseband Member
I'm getting a late, unexpected christmas present and I'm going to be ordering some parts in the next couple hours. I need some quick help if possible. My current video card is listed below. What would you guys recommend below $125? I don't know much about video cards but I would like it to be a dx10 card if possible. Thanks in advance.

Dx10 Means nothing if its under 125 dollars, as it won't run any dx10 games reasonably... The 8600GT is under 125 dollars and it has dx10.

I'd suggest saving up a little more and getting something better.

For a little more, you can get the HD3850, which is a heck of a lot better than the 8600GT.

For a little more, you can get the HD3850, which is a heck of a lot better than the 8600GT.

Any particular specs/brands I should look for? Links? I know nothing about video other than I don't really play games other than cod4 and that's it.

Newegg.com - HIS Hightech H385F256NP Radeon HD 3850 256MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card - Retail

have you overclocked your processor? because i got mine to 2.8GHz and i didnt even change the voltage.
Whew that's a bit much for my non-gaming taste. I have decided to put together a ~$200 computer for testing/learning so that I won't have to break/fix mine. 2g mem, e2140, spare case/psu, etc. Thanks guys. I will keep that video card in mind when I get enough spare cash. I appreciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom