Video Card Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why are you upgrading to a x300 and not something like a x850 or a 6800GT? Anyway, the 9800 pro is better. It looks like the x300 is PCI-E so unless you have a motherboard that supports AGP and PCI-E I would stick with your 9800 Pro.

My video card has been acting up lately. Poor frame rates and graphic glitches. Perhaps my memory is going. I was gonna swap out for a x300 that my friend was gonna give me for free. Or just buy another 9800pro. I really like the 9800 but wasn't sure about the new x000 series. I don't have the money to upgrade or else I would.

From the specs that I saw, it looks like the x300 is below the 9800Pro in performance quality. Not by much, but still.

Do you still want to stick with ATI? And is your motherboard AGP or PCI-E?

EDIT

Okay, I just saw the thing you wrote about money. Well, I would take his x300 if he is giving it to you for free, but make sure it's an AGP card, and not PCI-E. Use for a while and save up for a x850XT or something like that.

When I do finally upgrade I'd like to get a TV tuner as well. Is it best to get a seperate TV Tuner then your video card? Any recommendations?

From what I've read, yes it's best to get a seperate one. Leave your video card for things like gaming and get a dedicated card for TV.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom