Video Card Question... - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > New Systems | Building and Buying
Closed Thread
Old 03-02-2008, 05:53 PM   #1 (permalink)
Super Techie
Send a message via AIM to KNiGHTMaRe89
Default Video Card Question...

I am thinking about lashing out an buying another 8800gts g92 and putting them in sli-mode, but my question is, will I notice a difference in games, or should I just stick with 1 video card?

Right now with Crysis, I can't even play on all high settings with AAx8 because everything starts to slow down and skip...right now I am at the max resolution with all high settings and AAx2.

I would like to be able to play on all max there a way for me to do this???

Old 03-02-2008, 05:58 PM   #2 (permalink)
True Techie
Send a message via AIM to Okitasoshi
Default Re: Video Card Question...

another GTS will get you there, it probably won't be ultra smooth, but it''ll be better.

Old 03-02-2008, 06:06 PM   #3 (permalink)
Devious Techie
Send a message via ICQ to therascalking Send a message via AIM to therascalking Send a message via Yahoo to therascalking

eh... depends on how much you have to spend... i mean, honestly, you really wont notice THAT much of a difference... if you have a ton of spare money tho, go for it... otherwise, id just overclock your one card... the GTS 512 is pretty solid by itself, especially OC'd...
but no, SLI'ing two GTS's will not get you to MAX settings on Crysis... especially not with good FPS...

heres some more info on the topic tho:

also, whats your CPU clock? you might consider overclocking to squeeze a little more performance out of your rig, if you arent already... cheaper than than that second card also...
hope this helps - RK

*School, work, girls? No time for computers! :P*
Old 03-02-2008, 06:55 PM   #4 (permalink)
Super Techie
Send a message via AIM to KNiGHTMaRe89

Well I am at 2.9ghz right now...I am attempting to get to 3ghz tonight...I want to get some Crysis in tonight though, lol...
Old 03-03-2008, 11:06 AM   #5 (permalink)
Lord Techie

What size monitor. Unless you have a 24" or larger, you wont notice much difference. Also, nothing can run crysis at that much AA because Crytek cant code for crap.
Nothing to see here.
Closed Thread