Video Card Problem PLEASE HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

persianxballer

In Runtime
I built a new computer recently and it has acted unusually ever since I booted it up. It always froze on the Windows login screen and other weird stuff, so I reinstalled the Windows XP Pro. After that I started taking things out to see if it was a hardware issue.
I took out my Gigabyte 7600GT and all the problems went away (I have onboard video by the way also).
My question is:
What's the chance that it is the video card and what's the chance it's the PCI Express slot? By the way, I am sending the video card back to Newegg for a replacement.

Thanks in advance

You most likely just need to go into the BIOS and disable your onboard graphics. That could cause some problems like that.

no not necessarily u have to check go into ur device manager and expand the video field and see what is there if its just ur video card u should be alright if there is two things listed (onboard video and the card) then they are conflicting

I don't think you did enough testing to rma your gpu...but ya did it

often times, you have to tell the system not to look at your onboard...most times it's better for you to disable than to trust it to lock out...causes problems like yours :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom