is this video card pretty good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
^^^ Good recomendations.

It's not that the 8600 sucks or anything, but it is not as powerful as the numbers would lead you to think. It could be classified as a low to mid range card.

so the first one
for 169
thats a good one?
how will i know which PSU is right to get, and how will i know if the card will fit in my case and the psu will fit as well?
thanks
:D

3850:
450 Watt or greater power supply with 75 Watt 6-pin PCI Express power connector recommended

X1950PRO:
450-Watt power supply or greater, 30 Amps, 12 volt rail recommended (assumes fully loaded system)

Very few games are DX10 and those that are are high-end. So, DX10 is not a worry for the next few years.

As for it fitting in your case, what case do you have? Unless it is a microATX case, it shouldn't be a problem.

3850:

X1950PRO:

Very few games are DX10 and those that are are high-end. So, DX10 is not a worry for the next few years.

As for it fitting in your case, what case do you have? Unless it is a microATX case, it shouldn't be a problem.

so i'm pretty certain, if you say its good for what i want, i will go with the 3850
but gosh that means im going to have to spend a lot of money for a power supply
im on a budget my parents are going to buy the card for my birthday but i only have like 60 dollars to put for a power supply, and i ahve to have them installed
so like...
thats cutting it
and a 450 W power supply!?
dang

Have them installed? Why? Putting them in is child's play.

The hardest part of the PSU is actually taking the old one out and putting the new one in... plugging everything back in is a breeze. You just drawout a map of what all is plugged in, and match the plugs up and there ya go. Here's a link for a good one within your $60:
Newegg.com - FSP Group SAGA+ 450R ATX12V 450W Power Supply 100 - 240 V NEMKO, TUV, CSA, IEC, UL, CE - Retail

Installing the GFX card is super easy. Remove the slot cover, insert the card, put the screw back in to hold it, plug up the power cord, fire it up, install the drivers. If you had a different type of card before (as in Nvidia), you would have to uninstall the old drivers as well.

wow
thank you very much for your help
especially going out and finding these things for me on newegg
thanks very much :D
i have integrated graphics right now so there is no card down there so it will just be plugging it on
wow so thats not even that bad
170 for the card and then 60 for the psu
thanks a lot :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom