Video Card Manufacturers

Status
Not open for further replies.

xtpacygax

Banned
Hi,

I am going to be buying an 8800 GTX off Newegg. I like EVGA, and I have all always purchased EVGA cards. I was wondering why different card manufacturers have the same card, with the same clocks, memory, and actually all other specifications, at different prices. I saw a PNY that was cheaper than an EVGA. So besides the different manufacturer why would I want to get the more expensive one over the cheaper one? What does one have that the other doesn't? I just want to before I buy a card, so please respond ASAP.

Thanks,
Ted

well depeds on how relliable their brand is. eVGA is more relliable then PNY. so it lasts longer

In the end it's just a matter of marketing. eVGA is much more popular than PNY, so it's reasonable they'll charge a bit more for the exact same card.

If you posted the links to the exact models you're planning to buy, I could check if there's any difference between the cards.

Customer Service, quality of the actually board and cooler, and warranty. (EVGA has lifetime warranties on most cards)

PNY is cheaper but you get what you pay for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom