Video Card Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

rudeskawn

Beta member
I just bought a new video card for my comp. Its an older comp. HP Pavilion a749c. Nothing fancy like yalls. The Video card is a Geforce 6600 AGP. I don't know if my system is AGP compatible. Will that work with my system? I can't seem to find anything on the compatibility. I don't want to open it until I know because then I can't return it for the right one. Any help is greatly appreciated.

-Matt

Nope, your computer doesn't have an AGP slot, it has a PCI-e slot.

Welcome to T.F.!

wow...theres alot of newcomers today....I must of said Welcome to T.F. like five times.

Wow.. thanks for the fast reply. Glad I didn't open it. It was on sale for $80 so i thought it was a good deal. Oh well. Can you reccomend something decent for my comp for $150 or so?

well... use b1gapl's build because we would recommend G-Skill RAM, but u got an HP so:( , Value Select will suffice if u do light gaming that 7600 gt is pretty bang-for-the-buck but if u are a heavy gamer, u seriously should consider 2 gb of RAM but i'm sure u got 2 DIMM slots (the area where the ram goes) and consider picking up a 7900 gs and call it a day, and u got a decent system.... and if u wanna go en extremus, change ur CPU, but thats way extreme

...like that guy that bought the 8800gtx for checking emails

theres a guy who did that..... was that in this Forum..... i'll trade him!! its a really good deal 8800 gtx for a Radeon 9250... and he won't notice the diff.. i will tho lol!!

That's really not a bad system by the specs. Looking at the motherboard specs, it's got four PC3200 DDR slots, One PCI Express x16 graphics PEG slot, Three PCI slots, No AGP slot. That AGP graphics card is right out. If you only have 512 MB, definitely go to at least 1GB. That's makes an unbelievable difference in many games. 2GB is even better. I'd bet you still have 2 DIMM slots free, so 1.5 or 2.5 GB is a real possibility with the RAM you'd already have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom