Video Card Dilemma - 7900 or 7950, 256MB or 512MB
I'm nearing the homestretch of getting what I need to build a computer. I'm now questioning the video card to get.
I eventually want to get a GeForce 8800 card, but they are about $150 - $200 out of my price range right now.
So here is what I am considering:
- EVGA GeForce 7900 GT 256MB ($210)
- EVGA GeForce 7900 GT KO 512MB ($305)
- EVGA GeForce 7950 GT 512MB ($255)
This card would need to last me for 8 - 12 months, until I can upgrade to the GeForce 8 series.
- Would there be a significant difference between the 7900 256MB and the 7900 512MB cards?
- Would there be a significant difference between the 7900 256MB versus teh 7950 512MB?
- Would a viable option be to get one of these cards now, then get the same card later, using the SLI feature?
My PC purpose is online games, non-online games, video conversion, Office work.