video card dilemma - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > New Systems | Building and Buying
Closed Thread
Old 08-19-2007, 09:07 PM   #1 (permalink)
Super Techie
Default video card dilemma

Hey fellas,

So here's my issue: for the htpc in my sig, I recently bought a dvi->hdmi cable so that I could get rid of the screen tearing issues when I was connected via VGA. Well, using the 7900gs I definitely got rid of tearing but when I tried to play an hd-dvd over the xbox 360 player I've got hooked up, it didn't work. Turns out the PNY 7900gs isn't hdcp enabled.

My question is: whats the cheapest video card I can get that will not only be hdcp enabled but also perform on par with the 7900 gs? If anyone is interested, I'll be looking to sell the 7900gs for about 90 or 100 bucks.
Closed Thread

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Video card and/or motherboard issues sdness Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting 4 01-13-2008 12:41 AM
This video card or that video card? ArchisT New Systems | Building and Buying 21 07-11-2007 05:05 PM
Video Card Power Feeback? Lord Zeon Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting 4 06-27-2007 06:45 PM
damaged video card sb14blue Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting 2 05-13-2007 02:13 AM
New Video Card Dieo New Systems | Building and Buying 5 04-02-2007 10:27 PM

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities

Copyright 2002-2015 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.