Video Card Differences; HDMI or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rex740

Baseband Member
Hello, I am building my first budget gaming computer and I need some help. What is the difference between these two cards? The only thing I see is that one is HDMI, but I dont know what that is. The monitor I just bought does have HDMI also. Here are the cards...

Newegg.com - SAPPHIRE 100265L Radeon HD 4830 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

Newegg.com - SAPPHIRE 100265HDMI Radeon HD 4830 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

So the only difference is the output? And how do I know which one I need?
And whats audio signal? Thanks.

And whats audio signal? Thanks.

Let me google that for you

how do I know which one I need?

does your display have built in speakers?

[yes] / [no]

if you answered, no. you do not need HDMI

did your display come with a HDMI cable?

[yes] / [no]

if you answered, no. you have to purchase a HDMI cable to use HDMI port

what is port

Let me google that for you

PS. unless you plan on using more than 1 display at the same time, I'd just grab the cheaper one

There is no video difference between the two, just HDMI can carry your audio for you.

My monitor is HDMI ready, port on the back ready to take my $10 US HDMI cable I got off newegg. It has built in speakers, you see.

The only real time I plan to use it is when I hook up a game console to my computer monitor to play, as it will need sound, and my monitor has speakers to provide it. (means my Moni pretty much is a TV in this sense, for just plug the console in properly and voila full game play and sound)

Don't really plan to use your monitor speakers (if you have any) for gaming PC wise, they tend to be low quality and not so great, you can spend $15 US and get a good set of speakers and get better performance, so they aren't a big deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom