Video Card Decision

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can i run an ATI card on an Evga Nvidia 680i motherboard ? 4850 is an ATI card right ? I was just under the assumption i had to go nvidia because of my motherboard. I would consider running X-fire with 2 Sapphires if it is possible and problem free compatible.

Can i run an ATI card on an Evga Nvidia 680i motherboard ? 4850 is an ATI card right ? I was just under the assumption i had to go nvidia because of my motherboard. I would consider running X-fire with 2 Sapphires if it is possible and problem free compatible.

You can run it, but you can't have two ATi cards in crossfire mode.

I think i will stick with Nvidia than just to keep an upgrade option open so in a year when i get the hunger for a little more power i can do it cheaply lol. $350 (Canadian dollars) for a card right now seems like so much for the 260, i really hope i can catch a sale in the next month. Has there been any announcements from nvidia about a new card coming out before Christmas or anything ? I have been out of the loop for so long.

I think i will stick with Nvidia than just to keep an upgrade option open so in a year when i get the hunger for a little more power i can do it cheaply lol. $350 (Canadian dollars) for a card right now seems like so much for the 260, i really hope i can catch a sale in the next month. Has there been any announcements from nvidia about a new card coming out before Christmas or anything ? I have been out of the loop for so long.

Keyword Christmas. That means quite a bit of promo codes. Hope they have some good promo codes as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom