video card debacle (<- love that word)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he's gonna OC on the q9550 and having the 4870x2, I'd still recommend the d5 vario, only because it puts out a lot more power, it a little more than doubles the PSI output of the 355. With a new top it's a good choice, but still I'd go with the d5 vario. The vario allows for variable power, 1-5. 1 being the lowest, 5 being the strongest. And so you can crank it up for gaming and if you're OC'd, and lower it for idling purposes.

That's just my view, aspire can shed some more light on the subject.

Actually. I looked at some numbers, and with the top (XPSC top) that'd be a good combo. It has a really good flow rate, but part of me still likes the fact that you can adjust the flow rate and all that good stuff on the d5.

I wouldn't do it. Best case scenario, you'll be pushing around 1.2 gallons per minute which is pretty bad and with your gpu running fairly hot standard, and if you OC your cpu, there will be too much heat and not enough flow to circulate it fast enough to dissipate the heat. I'd go with 2 loops if you wanna put the CPU and GPU under water. If you wanna just do a single loop for the GPU then just take what I suggested and half it and look into hefe's pump as it's a good one.

Will do, I'll look into it more. I have access to a lot of various stuff out of grainger which is like an industrial supplier, I can get clamps and probably tubing cheaper through the company I work for, I'll just get them to order anything I need.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom