video card for database

Status
Not open for further replies.

darsunt

In Runtime
Hi all.

Can I get by on a inexpensive video card if I'm using the machine for just oracle database? I hope to install oracle on Redhat, and I won't even be using the monitor for the box much of the time.

Someone recommended I buy a $62 eVGA, but I think they were thinking about gaming. Right now I'm looking at a eVGA 064-TC-2N26-SX for $32.99 and wondering if I can go even cheaper. The only graphics I need are the red hat interface and a couple of command line windows.

$62 dollar graphics card, gaming.... uve got to be kidding me

If you arent playing games then u dont need a graphics card, just use the intregrated video on your motherboard man ;)

any videocard under $100 is an embarrasment and should not be bought... just get a motherboard with intregrated video

But... if the oracle database has any 3d rendering involved, u might need to consider getting one. :confused:

good luck with your build,
Alexsabree

This computer is supposed to simulate a server, and I thought redhat graphics were minimal. The only tough thing might be multiple shell windows that might need to be up when adjusting the database installation. I thought I could get by with a real cheap video card. Are graphic demands for a non gaming computer so high?

Perhaps I should stick with the $62 card I picked out. Or look for a different motherboard than the one I have picked out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom