Video Card Clock Speeds Question....

Status
Not open for further replies.

pinoy3000

Daemon Poster
How come on the other GeForce 8800 GTS it says.......

Core - 500MHz
Shader - 1200MHz
Memory - 1600 MHz

on nTune it says my Core is at 512MHz and Memory is at 792MHz.

Is the Memory actually like half? So if mine is 792MHz its actually 792MHz x 2 = (1584)?

Hm..... I wonder if the BFG Card is better than EVGA card.

Yeah, because of Graphics Double Data Rate. My VGA is suppose to be at 630/1540 but because of GDDR it only shows half of it. The other half works when your VGA is effective.

EVGA's are great pinoy.

That brings me on to another question...

How can you do dual monitor? Can you do two 22" monitors using one graphics card? :D Wonder if its worth it hehe.

i think ur still mis understanding it...its always "effective", the effective speed of PC6400 in dual channel is 800mhz...each stick runs at 400mhz...video ram works in the same way...cards are rated at their effective memory clock..so to op, ur correct

i think ur still mis understanding it...its always "effective", the effective speed of PC6400 in dual channel is 800mhz...each stick runs at 400mhz...video ram works in the same way...cards are rated at their effective memory clock..so to op, ur correct

So is this why on CPU-Z on the Memory Tab it says..........

Is this right stats for my G-Skill RAM?

And what is that FSB:DRAM? = 2:3?

Since my FSB right now is 266

So 266/2 = 133 and 133 x 3 = 400MHz?

So........... when I had it at 300FSB my RAM was at 450MHz?

So at 333 MHz my RAM would be at 500MHz? Then why did it not work. Whats the maximum Frequency for my RAM? It cant go higher than 450MHz?

Now I think I know what you're saying. Because of Dual Channels both sticks run at 800MHz together, and 1 stick run at 400MHz.

correct..and pinoy..u have teh HZ's right? they can probably take up to ddr2-1066 with those timings...i just set mine at 1000 cuz i like the even numbers...and tahts my exact setup...333FSB, 2:3 ratio, and 500mhz ram...the magic number is 400, 1:1 ratio, and 400mhz ram...but i didn't like the overclock on my processor

Well my system was stable when i OC'ed the cpu to 333 fsb but when i went to 366 from 333 i got the blue screen......... why would that be?

something with memory?

i didnt touch the memory hehe, just the cpu and i think it was automatically clocked up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom