Video Card choices?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pepsiboy700

Fully Optimized
I am building a new computer and want to get a decent video but my budget only permits for a 200$ video card. After looking on newegg I found a x1950xt for $199. That deal seems good considering less than a year ago I bought my 7950gt for almost 300$ and its worse. Would that be a good choice or is there going to be a new video card coming out thats going to be in my price range and support dx10 which I could careless about since I dont use vista and dont plan on using for a number of months.

The x1950xt is a great card but going from a 7950GT you aren't going to be amazed by the performance difference....in fact at 650 core the 7950GT is faster in some cases.

I used to have a 7900GT overclocked to 675/920mhz and it scored almost 7k in 3dmark06....even overclocked x1950xt cards have trouble getting 7k.

Yeah I noticed it came close on benchmarks and I bet overclocking to xtx speeds wouldnt help me much. I just need a card that can give me decent enough fps at 1680x1050 with moderate graphics.

Sounds like your upgrading. So sell your 7950 and buy a 8800gts. If your budget already included your plans for the 7950 then just stick it out with that card for a little while.

depends on the game really...still on average the X1950XT does better in games.

might be true in many cases, but certainly not worth upgrading over. The performance difference is marginal, at best...and in many cases favors the 7950GT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom