Which video card is better?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I personally like the 260. And if you grab it, grab the one phil linked you to, because it's the 55nm version.

I'm not an nVidiot, thanks. I just happen to like the 260 better. It's really a matter of personal preference either way.

Not when one card is clearly faster and a better deal its not. You call it preference, I call it Bias. The GTX260 was a good choice until the ATI drivers got better and the 4870 got cheaper. It's no longer a good deal.

That being said, the one he linked is 30 bucks cheaper. And I didn't think the "giant leap" from the 4870 is worth 30 bucks. It's my opinion, not a bias.

this probably isn't helping...

but

XFX GX260NADFF GeForce GTX 260 Core 216 896MB 448-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card

free shipping, so about equal to the one Puddle Jumper pointed out, before and after rebates.

free usb flash drive and far cry 2 included
on top of that, top notch XFX warranty service

I think we have a winner

I guess I need to clarify, HD 4870 1GB performs better
the GTX 260 isn't that far behind, it ultimately ends up being personal preference

when the GTX 260 does lose to the 4870 it looses by like 5FPS on average. that is not much especially when it's all ready getting like 80FPS to begin with. and that one fat clown recommended is a good deal. i would go for that one if it were the 55nm version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom