Which video card?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monkey

In Runtime
I am getting ready to build a computer that i plan on doing a lot of media editing with. What kind of GPU would you recomend?

I was thinking a 4850, but I don't want to overkill just for video editing.
I plan on using a phenom CPU.

Yea, thats a good psu, but ASRock motherboards are poor quality. I would sleep better tonight knowing you got this:
Newegg.com - BIOSTAR TFORCE TA780G M2+ AM2+/AM2 AMD 780G Micro ATX AMD Motherboard - AMD Motherboards

That board is quality, I've used it for a build before and I liked it a lot.

Actually that board isn't that great, because it would not even work with that Phenom II, as it only supports 95 TDP or below..

The ASRock is actually a better board

oooh good catch. I do enjoy a good mobo especially biostar.
I think I am going to put this vid card in it.
Newegg.com - SAPPHIRE 100255DDR4 Radeon HD 4670 512MB 128-bit GDDR4 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

I know 4850's are good in all but is this card going to be good? I currently have a saphire 4850 and I enjoy it, so I figured this one would work just as well if not better and I can play games on it too :-D

The 4670 is about 2 steps below the 4850. It goes, 4350, 4550, 4670, 4830, 4850, then 4870. It will not perform as well as your 4850, but will still get high settings on a lot of games (just not all, and maybe not at as high of resolution as your 4850).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom