Very quick question my friends

Status
Not open for further replies.

psychedelos

Baseband Member
Hey everyone, hope everything is well. I have a quick question about upgrading.

This is my current mobo
Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GA-965G-DS3 LGA 775 Intel G965 Express ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail

and this is the ram I currently have in it
Newegg.com - CORSAIR XMS2 1GB (2 x 512MB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Retail

I want upgrade by getting 2 sticks of 1 gig. Any suggestions?
This is what i have found so far...
Newegg.com - CORSAIR XMS2 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Retail
Newegg.com - CORSAIR XMS2 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Retail
Newegg.com - CORSAIR XMS2 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Retail

I'm open to other products too.

I was wondering if you guys can tell me what is Cas Latency and whether 4 is worse or better than a 5.

Also can you tell me if my mobo can run DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500)? I believe the first link has that speed.

switch to g-skill HZ, they are black and are 109.99 on newegg... far more cheaper and overclockable.....

I was wondering if you guys can tell me what is Cas Latency and whether 4 is worse or better than a 5.

"Thus CAS Latency (CL) is the time (in number of clock cycles) that elapses after the memory controller sends a request to read a memory location and before the data is sent to the module's output pins." -Wikipedia

The lower the CAS latency, the faster the ram can send and receive data. So yes....CAS4 is better than CAS5.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom