Very Hot Conroe...

Status
Not open for further replies.
The first step is to reach in and touch the heatsink while it's running. You could have a terrible seating, possibly.

Ryan

2.5?

lol, that or it could be something worse, did u see that 2.5v reading? it was around 1.48!! wait hold on, is there even a 2.5? if so, that could be causing bad temps

EDIT:::!!!>>> just a note, everybody who read this, try it, saves alot of time, when you want to print screen, instead of printing the screen and going to paint and croppin it, with the window in focus, hit alt+prtscr and ittl only capture that window, and voilla, microsoft.com quality screenshots!

81?!?!?!??!??!?!
WOW
my p4 presscott gets 60 or so at its highest :O
make sure the gap between the HSF and cpu is as small as can be
BTW anyone know how to make the holes on the socket ot hold the hsf bigger? ive tried everyting to get my new hsf i bought in, and its for lga775 and i have a lga775 mobo, and its too big, i tried a hammer, brute force, everything.
if i cant make the holes bigger, where can i find a bit? (the metal thing to hold the screw holes)

Well I touched the heatsink right after operation and it wasn't that hot.

Do you think I put too much thermal paste? I had a thin layer on the processor and the heatsink. Used normal plastic wrap to dab it thin.

Or could this be a voltage issue with the 2.5v thing?

Any more tips?

sounds like a voltage issue, go into BIOS and set it to the stock voltage. If not, remove the heatsink, sand down the surface and reapply a thin layer of AS5. If you still get the same problem, try the stock cooler. Your new cooler might have issues contacting the CPU.

try to re-seat the heatsink, perhaps a little bit less thermal paste this time [clean it using 90% alcohol ethanol or something, JUST A BIT OF IT THOUGH!]

If no good, then I guess you're getting a false reading.
-Jo.

Check your temps in the bios, Use the motherboard monitoring software that comes with the board, Much better chance of accurate readings.

if its not shutting down and beeping like mad at you at 81c then the bios isn't reading 81c.

That's the whole thing, it seems to read 82 in the bios as well, which is where I first checked it.

I'm gonna try to update the BIOS. Also note that speedfan says
2.5v+:~1.5v

while the bios says
1.5v+:~1.5v

So i'm not sure what the proper voltage over that channel is. The mobo doesn't let me set much, so I'm going to try updating the BIOS before I reinstall the heatsink. Lemme go find a blank cd ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom