Very Final Build for only $1,800 with 22" monitor!

Status
Not open for further replies.

pinoy3000

Daemon Poster
Okay, here's my final final final build.........

http://secure.newegg.com/NewVersion/WishList/PublicWishDetail.asp?Source=MSWD&WishListNumber=4532652

I will be purchasing these parts within two weeks and need final changes if there is any to be made. LOL I went from $1,500 PC that I planned a few months ago for this month and now Im at $1,800

I appreciate the help you guys provided in order for me to decide the build to make.

Please feel free to make any comments on this final build and if there are changes that I should make or not. I can't wait to build this sucker up!

I don't think you are going to be able to get better parts and find any better deals than that build. Heh when Tech-Forums builds a computer under a Budget....we don't mess around!

Haha you will be very happy with that machine.....remember to overclock!! It IS safe contrary to what people believe.

Sora said:
remember to overclock!!

Hehe, that will come later after I build the PC, I will need step by step guide to do that as I have no experience in overclocking PC's at all. But with this forum and your guys' help, I should be okay :D

Ill do a few research on how to overclock them so Ill have a slight idea on what to expect :D

I had no idea either when I built my PC 3 1/2 months ago but It was actually very simple and went very smooth...I have my E6300 at 3.22ghz heh. That mobo is a very good overclocker as well.

oh wow, an E6300 at 3.2? I wonder if this E6600 will go to about 4 or something :D it better hehe

it's very possible but I just noticed that there is no after market cooler. If you want very high clocks such as 3.5ghz+ with an E6600 you are going to need an aftermarket cooler to keep temps down. If you don't want to spend anymore money which is fine then Just downgrade the case as I was going to originally say the case was Overkill untill you said the extra you saved on vista made up for it so I didin't say anything.

The best cooler is a Tuniq Tower but the Zalman 9500 or 9700 looks the best and cools well enough.

I have an Artcic Freezer Pro 7 which cools well and I payed only 30 for it 3 months ago...now they are 70 bucks on the egg???? It's insane.

You can get one right here at chief Value for 28 bucks. That is all you will need.

http://www.chiefvalue.com/product-_-productdetails.cv_-_item--35-185-125

So I would downgrade the case, take out the PCI cooler as honestly with that case your video card should stay plenty cool enough. Sometimes even they hurt a vid card more than normal becuase they crowd it's airflow.

Still I suggest an aftermarket cooler of somesort. The Zalman 9500 is a popular choice becuase of the way it looks and cools however there are other options regardless if people know this or not LOL.
I would just go with the Arctic Freezer 7 and then take out the thermal paste AS5 in your cart becuase the grease on that cooler is really good stuff as well, some say its even better.

So lets see if you weren't going to spend anymore money then.

This case
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16811233002

Take out the AS5 and PCI fan and then add the Arctic Freezer Pro 7. Or you can just pay the extra 20 bucks and keep the case if you like as it's still a good case. The Aurora is a very good case though as well so either is fine.

pinoy3000 said:
oh wow, an E6300 at 3.2? I wonder if this E6600 will go to about 4 or something :D it better hehe
Yep, these things overclock like a beast, I just got my E6300 to 3.3ghz with a +.25 voltage increase. Gonna stability test over night

you'll love your comp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom