Using an 8800GTS 512MB with new HDTV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Depends on if you want a tv that stays flat against the wall at all times or if you want an arm so it can move around. If you want an arm based wall mount make sure it handles the weight of your tv before buying.

when playing mkv files onmy pc, whats the best codecs to have? do i really need k lite codec plus what player should i play it on? divx? or is vlc fine, i got the ac3 filter to make the audio work but the video lags on my pc .

You should use the matroska codec. Personally I didn't install any codec, I just use VLC which can read any video format out there.

VLC still requires codecs to play the files lol.

I simply use Combined Community Codec Pack. It comes with Media Player Classic and plays anything i throw at it.

does it matter what player i play my file? like for quality? because i'd rather stick with vlc than divx plus when i pla these mkv files, my ram load goes to like 98%, i got 2gigs.
plus whats so good about media player classic?

and i have my tv connected to my digital box for local tv and some channels it says hd but i can't expand my screen all the way unless i use the zoom feature

Player doesnt really matter that much unless your a quality buff.

The TV should have a setting in the settings to stretch non HD image (by non HD i mean anything lower than 1080p which is native for the screen). They usually hide that setting pretty good on all TVs.

Player doesnt really matter that much unless your a quality buff.

The TV should have a setting in the settings to stretch non HD image (by non HD i mean anything lower than 1080p which is native for the screen). They usually hide that setting pretty good on all TVs.

i looked everywhere for the stretch setting and can't find it unless i use the zoom...and even one of the channels is hd and it says 1080 but it doesn't fit the screen all the way. and i'm stikin to using vlc
got the ac3 filter and its been better that way
maybe divx was a little bit sharper, although it wasn't worth slowing my pc down that much

I have my 8800gts running to my 42' plasma, 5000+ BE with 2GB of RAM with Windows 7 64 bit.

I use vlc, no extra codecs, haven't run into a file format yet that won't play for me. my downloaded 720p stuff looks fantastic. The TV i run through media centre and no issues, there, uses the whole screen. So can't offer much help on your hd box.

i guess i'll try 720p and see if makes a big difference from 1080p
although playing these files my ram gets clogged up, not sure why...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom