Use Laptop Keyboard as Desktop Keyboard

TLanier25n

Beta member
The question at hand: Can I easily use a laptop keyboard (zif connector) on a desktop using an adapter.

To go into more detail. Here soon I plan on building a custom Desktop, built into a full desk. I've built a few desktops already, so I am familiar with modifications and custom builds. What I want to do, is take a laptop keyboard, preferably one of the Samsung Series 7 keyboards and build it into the desk itself. I would be buying a 'replacement' keyboard of course. So it will have a zif connector. I have come across the closest thing I can consider an adapter...

ZIF CE or Micro IDE 1.8 50 pin to Mini USB 2.0 Adapter Converter on eBay!

If I'm not mistaken, those are normally used for ghosting hard drives / formatting them. With that said, would I be able to use that as an adapter for what I want?

Laptop keyboard > Zif Connector > Micro USB > Desktop

Would that work? Or is there an alternate option aside from buying a compact desktop keyboard.

Thanks for any help that is provided! :)

That is what I figured. Do you see any work around for that? Or any way to get a laptop keyboard to be compatible with a desktop?

I'm sure there might be a way. I mean, they have stuff like PCI-E ribbon cables and cross genders like AGP to PCI-E (non-PLX). I just don't know off hand of any.

Back
Top Bottom