USB 3.0 Laptop Express Card Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eaton

Beta member
I have a very high end laptop and USB 3.0 has peeked my interest because I want to stay up to date with the newest tech. I am composing a Christmas list and I wanted to put a few USB related components on that list, but I have a question I need answered..

Ok, I want to buy two things:
-A USB 3.0 Laptop Express Card
-A USB 3.0 external hard-drive.

I want this hard-drive: Canvio 3 Portable Hard Drive

But I am not sure what express card to get.. There are tons and I want the best and most reasonably priced one. But the important part here is that is has to work with that HDD! I have hard storied about people who buy express cards and their external HDDs don't get enough power from the card to work.

In summary, which express card will work with the external HDD I linked above?

Thanks in advance to anyone who helps!

So long as you get an express card with two USB3 ports, the drive should work. USB3.0 drives require more than the 500mA available on a standard USB port, some drives require two usb ports (1x USB3, 1x USB 3 OR 2) to function.

So long as you get an express card with two USB3 ports, the drive should work. USB3.0 drives require more than the 500mA available on a standard USB port, some drives require two usb ports (1x USB3, 1x USB 3 OR 2) to function.

Alright, the drive has a USB 3.0 interface.
Do you have any recommendations for an express card?

This USB 3.0 Expresscard is designed for your laptop's expresscard slot, the small thin slot that's probably on the left or right side of your laptop and is found on most laptops these days. This expresscard is of the 34mm variety, and will fit into virtually any expresscard slot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom