Urgent!! In process of my build!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thresh25

Daemon Poster
Okay so my motherboard,
Newegg.com - BIOSTAR TFORCE TA790GX 128M AM2+/AM2 AMD 790GX HDMI ATX AMD Motherboard - AMD Motherboards

Has two pci-e slots and onboard graphics. My video card is the hd 4850, so I cannot use hybrid crossfire obviously. My motherboard has come with a little card that goes in the slave slot, but in the motherboard manual it only talked about using that when using hybrid crossfire.

My question is, since I am not doing hybrid crossfire or regular crossfire, do I need to have this little card in there? Thanks in advance!!!!

All right thanks for the fast reply. I have stumbled across another question...

Next to what I believe is the onboard gpu, there is a spot where a power cable would need to plug in. If I have not intention of using the onboard graphics, do I need to plug something in to power it?

OK the paddle card is only used if you are using hybrid crossfire. You're not. So you don't need the card.

ALTHOUGH... Make sure you install your video card in the bottom PCIe slot. Under the CMOS battery. That is the master slot.

The JATXPWR1 4 pin molex connection I think you are referring to seems to be for graphics cards. I believe the HD 4850 has direct power to it correct? I don't believe you'll really need the JATXPWR1 connected also. Try it without it.

I'm sure that connector is for video cards that do not require a power connection directly.

All right thanks, I appreciate the help. I have unfortunately run into another hitch. My case comes with 3 120mm fans. But my motherboard seems to have only 1 slot for one, the one at the back. I've got two fans in the front though, where do I plug that into? I also have the corsair 750tx which doesn't appear to have any connector for the fans.

edit: Are you sure I don't need to use that little card in the slave pci-e?

-Make sure you put the Graphics Paddle that comes with the motherboard in the PCIe Slave slot, above the Master slot if you want your single GPU to use 16x lanes--otherwise it will only run at 8X.

(newegg reviewer)

2nd edit- To power the cpu I need like a 4 pin connector. The 750tx does not come with a 4 pin connector. How do I go about powering this?

I would plus the 4 pin molex connector into the motherboard whether your card has its own power connector or not.

The 750tx has a 8 pin power connector for the cpu but 4 of the pins should be able to unhook from the other ones.

ok. I just re-read the manual. The reviewer might be right about the paddle. The pdf manual sucks. lol
Try using the paddle. It can't hurt anything.

let me look into the power issue.

All right, figured out the 8/4 pin thing. CPU is powered. We found 1 other slot for another fan, which means 1 fan still won't be being used.

What can I do about this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom