Urgent as ****, memory question!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoad

Daemon Poster
Hey,

I Wanna know because i'm getting a new rig, AM2 by chance... it'll be powerd by the DFI Infinity NF UltraII-M2 motherboard.

What ram would you go for on this computer?

This: Corsair TWIN2X2048-6400C4

or this: mushkin eXtreme Performance [XP2-6400] 2GB (2 x 1GB) model s/n: 996523

?? I've actualy just orderd the mushkin but its still cancel-able..

Is there anyone here with experience with either one of those RAMs that can give me an opinion over'em..

this is kinda urgent X_X I have to decide in a couple of hours..

Also I won't be able to use RMA option if the ram will not function because of compatability issues [i've heard aLOT of those on the AM2 mobos] so can anyone please reassure me that the mushkin will work flawlessly? [taken that its not physically damaged]

Anyway, the DFI tech support told me they advise to buy this ram over the corsair as it is tested to work with my mobo... but.. this ram looks like value ram and not performence ram x_x can anyone enlighten me? Am I just being mistaken by the look???

Also if someone had a DOA of one of those models of ram please tell me..

Thanks,

-Jo.

Ey yoad! I know Corsair is a renowned brand because I have used it and it is great!! The mushkin is of course better because of timings but I don't know about reliablility! ((By the way yoad, the ASUS x1900xt is superb, greatly packaged, and runs everything tip top! Go ahead and order it, no doubt you will love it!))

::-Chase-::

gotcha! Thanks abunch..

anyone else? my only two worries is that:

A. This ram has a high #age of DOA's or Compatability issues with AM2 boards

B. This is not performence ram... which is what i'm looking to get.. I don't want value ram! NO NO NO. [not saying it is a vlue ram, saying it looks like, and I might be wrong..]

-Jo.

Mushkin is some high quality RAM. Any type of DDR2 RAM is not value RAM. But yea overall the Mushkin is a better choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom