Urgent help with PC!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Make sure your still capable of RMAing it...
If all else fails, RMA it and grab a Zalman 9500
Those seem to be really popular nowadays.

I had trouble with the Big Typhoon too.
I returned it and realized I didn't put the foam thing on...
><!

've got a question

What do you mean you are disappointed to see its 110w and not 89w? You pay extra premium for it to be energy efficient, if oyu did pay but got a none EE version you shoule RMA and demand the right model.. there is no luck about this issue

-Jo.

yoad i don't think he paid for energy efficient version, as i haven't seen many online retailers selling them yet. it's not luck of the draw magouster if you get the 89 or 110w versions

theshonen8899 said:
Whoa...I didn't know maintaining a X2 would be such hassle.

It really doesn't need maintaining, just some initial setup.

Install the Dual Core Hotfix
Stabalize the Overclock
get temps to a manageable level

Personally, I am not too fond of the Cool 'n Quite app. I use an AeroCool.

..voila. I initially had issues, but now my little x2 3800 blazes away happily.

Imagine what you could do with your x2 4400!

I haven't run done the hotfix or AMD's dual-core optimizer yet, I might do it today. All and all, I think I got it stable now. I'm keeping on lowering the voltages to see how far below stock voltage I can get it stable. No need running it at stock voltage if I can keep it prime-stable below stock. And I'm pretty sure it can't harm the CPU. Was just wondering: I read on some forum that the guy was going on about "training" the CPU to be happy below stock voltage by keeping on trying to run something like Prime95. When it fails, just run it again and again until it stabilises. Is there any truth in this? Can you force a CPU to an extent to do what it's not supposed to be able to do? Or will its stability increase with a little burn-in, to "get the dust out of the engine compartment" so to speak?

I think it might, cause it wouldn't stabilise in prime at 1.4 or even 1.45V, but now I've got it running at 1.3V for the last hour withhout failing. Strange! But the temperatures doesn't seem to fall all that much with lowered volts, so I don't see the point really. It maxes out at about 42C after running Prime95 for 12 hours, with the stock cooler, which I think is more than acceptable.

And thanks about the info with regards to the 89/110W issue. I think it was Gurusan who bought a 4400+ with the 89W power consumption, and I thought it was a luck of the draw thing. My bad! :D

Oh yeah, not planning on using cool'n'quiet, the stock cooler (and later the Big Typhoon again) keeps it cool and quiet enough for now, I think! :D

Cheers for all the help so far!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom