Originally Posted by Hardgaming
Guys I think the above post may be a little too vague.
this is what i want.
1) Hardcore gaming computer
2) will last more than 5 years on future games
3) hoping someone lists parts for a 2000-3000 dollar budget.
4) ANYONE THINK the core i7 are even good for gaming since they are said to have low cache.
1. Pretty easy..
2. this makes number 1 a lot harder..
3. I'll do that now.. just a crazy budget to let you know
4. We don't know, Intel did get benchmarks but said they had bad drivers for gaming.. so we don't know if its a cover up or if they are telling the truth.. I'm leaning towards # 2..
My recommendation is to wait though.. its coming out in a couple of months..
but here's a decent build for 2k (save the rest for Core i7 or Deneb, whichever is better)
4gb DDR2 RAM Kit
Windows Vista Home Premium x64
WD 640gb HD
HD 4850 or even 4870's or even 4870X2's if you game above 1920x1200
Case/ Optical Drives are your choice
Most people don't really need a Multi-card setup because it'd be overkill unless you play at 1920x1200 or higher..
Plus 1 HD 4850/9800GTX or higher can play that high and get decent FPS in all games except Crysis