Urgent Help Buying New Pc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hardgaming

Solid State Member
Hey guys, I'm a complete noob when it comes to hardware components. I have decided to buy a new hardcore gaming pc and I'm really confused as to where I should even begin. Here are a couple of specs I'm implying.

1) My budget is at a maximum of $3000
2) Can anyone give me all the components to build a nice hardcore gaming computer for about $3000 or even cheaper.
3) I'm thinking of going with the intel.
4) Hoping to go with the quadcore. Lately I've been reading and a lot of people are saying get dual cores. I don't understand though. I don't understand why people would get a q6600 instead of the q9700. I dont understand which cpu is the best for what reason.
5) All i want is a computer which can surpass current games and the games of the future.
6) Also, should I wait for new processor's that are coming out soon? i7?
7) Please can you also tell me why these parts are recommended over others.
8) I went to IBuyPower.com and assembled a custom PC with everything...
do you think this is a terrible pay or something. It's a bit pricey but maybe I can go over $3000 but I doubt it.

Case: Coolermaster HAF 932 Full-Tower Gaming Case w/420W Power Supply

PSU: Corsair CMPSU-1000HX Power Supply

Processor: [=== Quad Core ===] Intel Core 2 Extreme Quad-Core Processor QX9770 (4x 3.2GHz/12MB L2 Cache/1600FSB)

Processor Cooling: [New !!!] INTEL Certified Liquid CPU Cooling System kit

Motherboard: Asus Rampage Extreme Intel X48 CrossFire Chipset w/7.1 Sound, Gb LAN, S-ATA Raid, USB 2.0, IEEE-1394, Dual PCI-E MB

Memory: 4 GB [2 GB X2] DDR3-1600 Memory Module

GPU: 2x ATI Radeon HD 4870 512MB PCI-Express x16 - running CrossFire Mode

HD: 1 TB Hard Drive (serial -ATA-II, 3Gb, 7200 RPM, 16m Cache)

CD/DVD Drive: Lightscribe Technology] LG 22X Dual Format/Double Layer DVD±R/±RW + CD-R/RW Drive

Sound Card: Creative Lab Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Champion Series

Speakers: [Black] Logitech X-540 5.1 Surround Speakers + Subwoofer

Monitor: Viewsonic 24" Widescreen Q241wb TFT LCD Monitor 1920x1200 /w 6ms Video Response [Black]

Keyboard/Mouse: Combo: Logitech Cordless Desktop MX3200 Laser (MX3200 Cordless Keyboard + MX600 Cordless Laser Mouse)

Printer: Free Printer [After Rebates] - HP Deskjet 6988 Color Inkjet Printer

Total: $4,243 What do you think guys? Should I change anything or leave it?

MY MAIN USE: To play games with no lag and this computer should withstand future games for years. Also, I don't really want to order part for part and build it on my own cause since I'm a noob I might damage it and I don't want that.

-Thank you

I wouldnt buy one from there. You can buy the parts from newegg and build it yourself. Also, $3000 is alot to pay for a PC, weve been making decent gaming builds for $900 that can play pretty much everything but crysis. If you really have your heart set on paying $3000, wait like you said, get an extreme edition i7 and and quad crossfire 4870X2's.... 6GB Drr3 (Triple Chanel remember...) and you would be pretty much set.

also do you think I can get all these parts from newegg and just tell them to put the pc together for me? Is this a possibility cause I don't see in newegg where to do that.

zedman do you think that the newegg assembles parts?

zed why don't i see a lot of people in here having multip gpu's? Like i usually see the hd 4850 but not the 4850x2 or sli'ing much

Guys I think the above post may be a little too vague.

this is what i want.

1) Hardcore gaming computer
2) will last more than 5 years on future games
3) hoping someone lists parts for a 2000-3000 dollar budget.
4) ANYONE THINK the core i7 are even good for gaming since they are said to have low cache.

zed why don't i see a lot of people in here having multip gpu's? Like i usually see the hd 4850 but not the 4850x2 or sli'ing much

Because a single card will run everything but Crysis at max settings and you won't see the full potential of crossfire/SLI setups unless you are playing at a massive resolution or are just building a benchmark queen. You don't need a $4k computer to last for years to come. You can spend less than $1k and be able to handle anything for the next few years. Also, that CPU is WAY overkill, it's $1500 on newegg, I don't even want to know what they are charging you at iBuyPower. Buy a cheaper quad core and OC it yourself. Wait for Nehalem if you wan't top of the line stuff.

If you want to throw money away on stuff that is most definitely not needed, especially for the games that are out right now, go for it. But you could build a computer that will perform similarly to that (not as well ofc, but you aren't going to notice much difference in games) for around $1,000

Guys I think the above post may be a little too vague.

this is what i want.

1) Hardcore gaming computer
2) will last more than 5 years on future games
3) hoping someone lists parts for a 2000-3000 dollar budget.
4) ANYONE THINK the core i7 are even good for gaming since they are said to have low cache.

1. Pretty easy..
2. this makes number 1 a lot harder..
3. I'll do that now.. just a crazy budget to let you know
4. We don't know, Intel did get benchmarks but said they had bad drivers for gaming.. so we don't know if its a cover up or if they are telling the truth.. I'm leaning towards # 2..

My recommendation is to wait though.. its coming out in a couple of months..

but here's a decent build for 2k (save the rest for Core i7 or Deneb, whichever is better)

Biostar I45
Q9550
Corsair 750tx
4gb DDR2 RAM Kit
Windows Vista Home Premium x64
WD 640gb HD
HD 4850 or even 4870's or even 4870X2's if you game above 1920x1200
Case/ Optical Drives are your choice

Most people don't really need a Multi-card setup because it'd be overkill unless you play at 1920x1200 or higher..

Plus 1 HD 4850/9800GTX or higher can play that high and get decent FPS in all games except Crysis

thank you vernong, your advice is very remarkable. :)

but can you answer me 1 more question: why a q9550 instead of a q9770?

not much diff between the to. only big diff it the clock speed and you can easily overlclock with the mobo vern listed. and i would wait just about a few months for the new i7 CPU's and then you can easily spend 3000 on a pc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom