urgent answer please (tablet screen and pen) - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > New Systems | Building and Buying
Click Here to Login

Old 05-08-2014, 12:53 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Question urgent answer please (tablet screen and pen)

Hi there
I have four questions before I decide to buy a tablet which is cheap but good I guess

1. if I buy/make a pen for a tablet can it be used on any tablet? or are there some special designed tablets who can only "accept" a pen?

2. is a 7 inch screen (resolution 800x840 px) enough to draw on in a program with a pen? doesn't matter if the pic I'm drawing is not on full screen but is it big enough so I don't have to scroll all the time?

3. is a 0,3 mp camera 3 megapixels or less than 1 (if its less than 1 than its the only bad feature of this tablet)

4. if I turn the tablet to the side so it looks longer does the program in which I draw also adjust or do I have to draw in the normal tablet position :S?

Thank you very very much in advance for your answers

in case someone wonders:

specs: 4.2 android, dual core 1,9ghz processo, capacitive screen whatever that means.., resolution 800x840 px, working memory 512 mb, memory of saving or smth 4gb, digital camera 0,3 mp, wifi 802, 11b/g/n

Ermin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 02:36 PM   #2 (permalink)
Private Joker

Default Re: urgent answer please (tablet screen and pen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ermin View Post
Hi there
I have four questions before I decide to buy a tablet which is cheap but good I guess

1. if I buy/make a pen for a tablet can it be used on any tablet? or are there some special designed tablets who can only "accept" a pen?

2. is a 7 inch screen (resolution 800x840 px) enough to draw on in a program with a pen? doesn't matter if the pic I'm drawing is not on full screen but is it big enough so I don't have to scroll all the time?

3. is a 0,3 mp camera 3 megapixels or less than 1 (if its less than 1 than its the only bad feature of this tablet)

4. if I turn the tablet to the side so it looks longer does the program in which I draw also adjust or do I have to draw in the normal tablet position :S?

Thank you very very much in advance for your answers

in case someone wonders:

specs: 4.2 android, dual core 1,9ghz processo, capacitive screen whatever that means.., resolution 800x840 px, working memory 512 mb, memory of saving or smth 4gb, digital camera 0,3 mp, wifi 802, 11b/g/n
What tablet specifically is this in regard to?

As for your questions:

1. Depends - the capacititive touch will work with a capacititive (responds to touch using electrically-conductive material, i.e. your finger). If you want a pressure-sensitive one, then you'll need to look for one that has that feature (usually they have Wacom screens in them - some of the Samsung Galaxy devices have this, as does the Lenovo tablet I think)

2. Up to you and what you're drawing, honestly. I find my 7" Nexus 7 is perfect for holding (browsing/reading/playing games), but if I were drawing or using it for productivity apps, I'd probably want something larger (10" would be ideal).

3. Not sure what your question is...

4. Depends on how the app is programmed. Most apps will rotate with the screen unless the developer did not include that feature. I've only ran into a few apps that were like this, though.

If those are really the specs of that tablet... that's not that great. 800x840 is tiny for a tablet... That's also a really weird resolution. Do you mean 800x640? If it only has 512MB of RAM and 4GB of storage... you're gonna be struggling to do anything on it. 512MB of RAM is tiny and going to be hard to run a lot of apps with, and only 4GB of storage means you won't have much room to install apps or save drawings/photos/music/etc.

If I help you, or you just like what I said, rep me by clicking the under my post
carnageX is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hardware, pen, tablet, touch, touch screen