Upgrading Video card + GFX

Status
Not open for further replies.

PZEROFGH

Golden Master
Yeah yeah yeah I know the best and whatever but it's hard for me to choose.

Three Choicse for GFX

X1800XT
X1900GT
7900GT

Choices for PSU

OCZ 600W extreme gamer or whatever
OCZ 520W powerstream
Antec truepower 550W

And whatever choies you got out there

I got about 350 to spend, so the cheaper i spend on the GFX, the better PSU i can get.

X1800XT+OCZ600/700W extreme gamer

The X1800XT is only 200 dollars but it performs on par with the GT, and the ATI GT so yeah I'm considering

The 7900GT i can buy from wtk pro l... :confused: He said he would remove the volt mod and give it to me for a discloused price with the VF900-CU for cheap, really cheap. Cheaper then the new XFX 7900GT for 240 dollars lol

The X1900GT... almost 300 dollars, it sucks rofl i dont know why i considered it.

So it would be like the 7900GT and a antec truepower 550W if i can get a good deal like 80 dollars, or the X1800XT and the really cool new OCZ psu :p . And maybe an aftermarket heatsink. Though the GT seems like a good idea i would like to spend less. Then again i want to be future proof with UT2007 so it would need all these pixel shaders and vertex whatever junk so i dont know... Then again i could just get the OCZ 520W

why don't you just get a 7600GT or something and wait till directX gen cards come out

Why do you need a 700w power supply? Tryin to get a big power bill? :)

The 7900GT and TruePower 550w seems the best combo for the money.

bonehelm said:
why don't you just get a 7600GT or something and wait till directX gen cards come out

... I live the moment, I need to play on ultra high settings NOW.

And the only game i play is BF2
1280*1024, ultra high settings, 4x AA, all the goodies

I found a chart on firingsquad that said on those settings, it goes; X1900XTX, X1900XT, X1800XT, 7900GT...

So i'm still wondering. hmm

X1800XT 512MB!!! the 1900GT is worse than the 1800 so thats out. Try to up to a X1900XT ($370 at newegg with rebate) but of those i'd choose the X1800XT (i think ppl here are nvidia fanboys becuz ATI doesnt have much stuff for AMDs and thats wut most ppl have here. ATI is more intel, my opinion though)

wow your calling evreyone here fan boys but you think ATI is better in your opnion.

If ignorance is bliss then you must be that happiest man alive....:rolleyes:

Antect True Power 550 is 99.99 on newegg.

That leaves you 250 to spend on VGA. Get a Dirt Cheap 7900 GT, then buy an aftermarket heatsink later, and wam bam I think you got your self a nice combo :)

25-5-5 WOW!!!!!!! Lord AnthraX, how many ppl here recommend ATI........ And how many AMD mobos support crossfire compared to SLI (what like a 20:1 ratio in favor of nvidia)...... How many Intel boards support crossfire compared to SLI (20:1 ratio in favor of ATI, not exact numbers but just tryin to make a point)....... My point is most ppl on TF go with Nvidia because they have AMD systems (Thats why alot of ppl here are dissappointed because they want conroe and sli but there arent very many SLI mobos for intel, if i can recall theres 1 so far that supports Conroe and SLI and thats by DFI, the rest support CF or just a single card). but (back on topic) there are benches that show the 1800 beatin the 7900GT while the 7900 beats the 1800 in other benches.... it depends on what you want. Either way you'll get a good card.

meefle said:
25-5-5 WOW!!!!!!! Lord AnthraX, how many ppl here recommend ATI........ And how many AMD mobos support crossfire compared to SLI (what like a 20:1 ratio in favor of nvidia)...... How many Intel boards support crossfire compared to SLI (20:1 ratio in favor of ATI, not exact numbers but just tryin to make a point)....... My point is most ppl on TF go with Nvidia because they have AMD systems (Thats why alot of ppl here are dissappointed because they want conroe and sli but there arent very many SLI mobos for intel, if i can recall theres 1 so far that supports Conroe and SLI and thats by DFI, the rest support CF or just a single card). but (back on topic) there are benches that show the 1800 beatin the 7900GT while the 7900 beats the 1800 in other benches.... it depends on what you want. Either way you'll get a good card.

I know a couple of people here on TF AMD boards and ATI gpus :)

For example HAVOCK.....
and there are 2 other people who bough 3200+ and x1900xt/x

I think TF has about 15-30 people that are mature enough to put aside there diffrences and just get the best product that suits there budget, usage, etc.
They may have slight opnions but thats ok. We are human :)

And its ok to debate, but when we start calling names and pointing fingers, it gets messy, and ruins the whole point of a freindly debate over technology :)

I agree both cards are nice :D

I hope you apreciate the fact that I tried to avoide a flame war. Its the last thing we need. Specially on this sort of topic....its threads like these that get closed and people get in trouble for silly things....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom