Upgrading Video Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

Compnerd

Beta member
Heyos,i want to upgrade my computer video card so what would be good enough upgrade for some gaming like WoW in Good Quality up to 100$
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chip type: GeForce 6150SE nForce 430
DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
Display Memory: 1065 MB
Dedicated Memory: 57 MB
Shared Memory: 1007 MB
Current Mode: 1152 x 864 (32 bit) (60Hz)

Operating System: Windows Vistaâ„¢ Ultimate (6.0, Build 6002) Service Pack 2 (6002.vistasp2_gdr.101014-0432)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Dell Inc.
System Model: Inspiron 531s
BIOS: oC)Phoenix - AwardBIOSTeDell System v6.00PG
Processor: AMD Sempron(tm) Processor 3600+, ~2.0GHz
Memory: 3006MB RAM
Page File: 2924MB used, 4993MB available
Its A PCI(NOT a PCI-E just a pci)
Ik the comp sucks. lols

hmm, well you're pretty limited for upgrades. you only have pci slots which is an old interface, you have a slim tower so you can only use low-profile cards, and being a slim tower it must have a weak small form factor psu, which knowing dell, it's probably proprietary (only fits dells) and probably has proprietary "dell" power connections.

on top of that, you only have a single-core cpu which is going to limit pretty much any newer card.

i really think you should just save that cash, save up some more and start the process of rebuilding a better rig.

if you insist on going through with getting a gfx card, this is probably your best bet in your situation even though it's not really worth nearly that much.
Newegg.com - JATON VIDEO-498PCI-DLP GeForce 9500 GT 1GB 128-bit DDR2 PCI Low Profile Ready Video Card

Welcome to TF.

To accurately help you, youre going to have to open your case and get the numbers on the side of the power supply.

Mainly the Watts, it'll be like 380W and amps on the 12V rail. It should be on a sticker... even a clear sticker will help.

As you say you're only a pci slot you could be just wasting youre money..

Hmm, just did some searching, and you have a slimline case and the cnet review talks of a pci-e slot. You might want to pop it open to confirm before we go further.

Edit

Muff, theres a 5450 in pci, which would be better.....

^ i assumed it would be better too. for cards i don't know off the top of my head i would usually just glance over at the gfx list but it's not listed so i skimmed over a review and it seems to on par, in a few cases only mildly better than a 9400gt, so using the ol' noggin i concluded that the 9500gt would probably be the better card.

ah, forgot to factor in power consumption. 5450 would probably take the cake compared to the 9500 in that comparison, but in the end I don't think either card will help much, especially not at those prices for their pci slot counterparts.

i'll still stand by my previous thought that he should just save his cash, just seems like a waste.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom