upgrading video card.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Lyrics

In Runtime
hey guys, so ive decided id wanna play starcraft 2 but not on the crazy max settings just good enough to run smoothly with medium settings, kinda don't wanna spend to much on a video card, preferably under 100 or less. haha

I don't have the greatest psu, spits out 350 watts so might keep that in mind when you guys recommend me one, I was thinking about maybe a ram upgrade also, so i might as well give you a list of my specs of my computer.

cpu: amd athlon 64x2 4600+ 2,4ghz
ram: 2 x 1024gb kingston pc2-5300
video card: ati radeon 1250 xpress(lol)
mobo: asus m2a-vm

if there anything else, just reply and ill respond soon.

i kinda wanna just grab them locally instead of waiting for them to come in the mail, i hate waiting.
here's some sites that are located in my area that i can just go grab em with the recommendations you guys give.
btw these are in Canadian dollars
CBiT.ca id prefer here
Computer Avenue

alright thanks guys, ill make my decision next thursday and buy em friday.

Good news if you really want to upgrade... your mobo supports all Athlon II x4's and Phenom II x4's up to 945. Go HERE and click the CPU Support List. You might need a BIOS update, but you can run 'em. If your BIOS has Advanced Clock Calibration you could grab a tri-core and try unlocking the fourth core.

I'm not familiar with those sites, and they are a mess to navigate. :p But you should be able to grab a 5670 for under $100.

If you are running a 64-bit version of Windows then an additional 2GB of RAM would be helpful.

Be sure to check out the Power Supply Guide to see what is good and what is garbage as far as PSUs go.

well im glad i can support more higher and better processor but for now im pretty satisfied with it.

im not sure about upgrading the bios, nor how to do it, is it need to be done?
im just into getting a video card for once, and maybe add some more ram for now.

well i dont think ill need a cpu update anytime soon.

will that ati radeon beable to run on my current 350 watt psu?

That is 400w minimum i would suggest you go with a 600 to 650 that way if you decide to throw in another gpu, or upgrade your cpu down the road you will have the power to do it

If you are a dare devil like me, I'd just slap on the card. :p

21374.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom