Status
Not open for further replies.

mnelson07

In Runtime
My system specs are in signature.
I want to upgrade my RAM for:
a) performance
b) future upgrade to either 64bit or vista
c) because I have the money and I can :)

With that said, since I am currently on XP 32bit, should I upgrade my RAM with 2x512MB or go ahead and do 2x1GB and get the full 4GB. I know 32bit doesn't recognize all 4GB, but it doesn't hurt to have that excess, right? I remember seeing screenshots of people for 4GB and only 3.0-3.5GB would be shown/utilized.

I guess I'm kind of answering my own question because it seems as though it's best to go ahead and get the 2x1GB because it'll get me about ~1.5GB more RAM and secure me utilizing 4GB of RAM in the future with XP 64bit or Vista.

I just like to ask you guys for verification :)
<3

I'd say having the extra to spare wouldn't be a bad thing. I can't think of any reason not to, esp if you have the cash to spare. soon upgrade os, but that's in the future. you're talking about right now, at this exact moment in time, getting more ram for when you will be able to use it. go for it imo.

my reply was relevant. If you got the os first you could enjoy all the features ect of it until you have enough money to buy more ram...that way there is nothing not being used.

i would get the 4 gigs. Its so cheap right now and it'll save you the hassle of trying to sell 2x512mb sticks if you were to go that route

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom