Upgrading PSU on a Dell Dimension 3000

Status
Not open for further replies.

PowerGrip

Baseband Member
I am looking to upgrade my Dell and I need to change the PSU. Dell does not give me any information as to whether I can use a generic 350w PSU in replacement of my 250w that came with my system. I understand that in the past Dell created proprietary PSUs and I am wondering if that would be the case for my Dell Dim. 3000. Has anyone out there upgraded theirs successfully?? Thank you for your help.

Dell uses a proprietary type power supply. There aren't many after market PSU that will work with a Dell Motherboard. BUT!!!
PC Power and Cooling makes Dell specific power supplies.
www.pcpowerandcooling.com

I have a 1yr old PCP&C Turbo-Cool 425w for Dell Dimension Desktops that i'm not using anymore. I'm willing to part with it pretty cheap. If you are interested Private Message me.

HAVOC2k5 said:
Dell uses a proprietary type power supply. There aren't many after market PSU that will work with a Dell Motherboard. BUT!!!
PC Power and Cooling makes Dell specific power supplies.
www.pcpowerandcooling.com

I have a 1yr old PCP&C Turbo-Cool 425w for Dell Dimension Desktops that i'm not using anymore. I'm willing to part with it pretty cheap. If you are interested Private Message me.

I did go to Pc Power and Cooling and they do not list a replacement power supply for a dimension 3000. What model Dimension is your power supply for?

They've recently updated that list I guess. Give me a sec and i'll find out if my PSU is compatible.

UPDATE:

Ok, the ULTRA-QUIET DELL PSU: SILENCER® 410 DELL-2 will work with your Dimension. The (3) requirements you need are:

1.) 20Pin 12v
2.) P4
3.) No Switch on PSU

That PSU I listed meets all three. Also the PSU that I have meets those requirements also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom