Upgrading PC Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
First muffin man thanks for all the help so far, you have given me alot of infomration, ideas and opened several doors. thanks man.

Maxtor DiamondMax Plus 9 120gb
Barracuda 7200.7 st340014a

Those are my two hds, the barracuda is the one that doesnt work. I'm a bit lost on jumper settings:dead: master slave, cable select.

I hook up 1 HD and it works the maxtor, i plug in second (barracuda) and my computer says "cannot locate drives" "boot from cd press enter"

hmm, if the hdd isnt dead, you might need to play around with the jumper settings.

for the maxtor (pg 21) http://www.seagate.com/staticfiles/maxtor/en_us/documentation/manuals/diamondmax_plus_9_manual.pdf
2akfoet.jpg

for the cuda (pg 29)http://www.seagate.com/support/disc/manuals/ata/cuda7200pm.pdf
2ahirgl.jpg

Use the straw extension on a can of compressed air to blow out the inside of you GFX card.

Don't cut your heatsink. Just mount your fan on top of the grill with a cheap grill on it to prevent a finger from getting nicked.
140mm Fan Grill at Xoxide!

I would set it as master. Cable select might work, but I have only used it for IDE/ATA drives.

can my mobo handle 64bit os? whats the difference? I would like to run windows 7 but would it be worth it? I heard it runs faster then vista

can my mobo handle 64bit os? whats the difference? I would like to run windows 7 but would it be worth it? I heard it runs faster then vista
Your board can run it, but your CPU will be the determining factor of whether or not you can use a 64-bit OS. If your CPU is not 64-bit then no way.

Post up what you are running and we'll see.

I made a 140mm to 120mm adapter out of the bottom of my old case. At first I used plexi glass but opted out of that because it looked sloppy (IE first try)

cimg0825n.jpg

cimg0829i.jpg

scythe 120mm x120mm x12mm 1600 rpm very quiet! Mounted on my adapter. with silicon dampeners

cimg0830j.jpg

reverse side.

cimg0833v.jpg

installed top view.

cimg0832h.jpg

inside

cimg0836n.jpg

As my first real fabrication to a computer I say it was very fun. I love to make ****, **** you can only make outta necessity

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom