Upgrading PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

webby93

Baseband Member
Ok, so I'm planning on upgrading my PC in the next month.

These are the parts that I'm thinking of getting and would appreciate it if someone wouldn't mind looking over them.
Also, if you disagree with any of the parts I've chosen speak up, give me some recommendations :D

Heres what i'm thinking at the moment

Case - Scan.co.uk: Coolermaster HAF 932 Advance Black Full Tower Case with USB 3.0 w/o PSU - RC-932-KKN5-GP
Memory - Scan.co.uk: Corsair Memory XMS3 Classic 6GB DDR3 1333 Mhz CAS 9 Triple Channel Desktop - CMX6GX3M3A1333C9
CPU - Intel i7-950 Quad-Core Processor (3.06 GHz, 8MB Cache, Socket 1366): Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories
Cpu cooler - Scan.co.uk: Freezer 13 PRO from Arctic Cooling for Intel 775/1155/1156/1366 AMD 939/AM2/AM2+/AM3 - UCACO-FZ13P-BL
Motherboard - Scan.co.uk: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R Intel X58 Express 1366 Motherboard

All the other components I have.
One problem though, do you think my current PSU will be good enough. I have a thermaltake 850watt toughpower, heres a link: Thermaltake Toughpower QFan Power Supply Unit 850 Watts Power supply units £123.99

Cheers guys :D

the socket 1366 motherboard along with its processors are essentially EOL. get the latest LGA 1155 motherboard and processor.

your power supply is fine.

the socket 1366 motherboard along with its processors are essentially EOL. get the latest LGA 1155 motherboard and processor.

your power supply is fine.

Ok thats great thanks.
Do you think that I should go for 2500k sandy bridge then?
And if so I don't really know that much about it, so a motherboard suggestion would be great.

This is what I'm thinking now, thanks for looking.

CPU - Scan.co.uk: Intel CPU Core i5 Unlocked 2500K Sandy Bridge Quad Core Processor - BX80623I52500K

CPU cooler (same as before)- Scan.co.uk: Freezer 13 PRO from Arctic Cooling for Intel 775/1155/1156/1366 AMD 939/AM2/AM2+/AM3 - UCACO-FZ13P-BL

Motherboard - Scan.co.uk: Asus P8P67 Pro Rev3 Intel P67 Express Socket 1155 Motherboard - P8P67 PRO <Rev.3.0>

Memory - Scan.co.uk: CMX16GX3M4A1333C9

Case (same as before) - Scan.co.uk: Coolermaster HAF 932 Advance Black Full Tower Case with USB 3.0 w/o PSU - RC-932-KKN5-GP

Thanks again :)

not sure why you want so much RAM, because they are cheap? :D

Because I have no idea what makes RAM good :D
It seemed to have good speed at 1333MHz and 4x4gb sticks each, but I suppose thats not all of it.
What do you suggest then, would love some help. And preferably from Scan.co.uk: Computer Hardware

And about the motherboard, i chose that as apparently that is the most used with the CPU, so I'm guessing it must be good :p

Cheers bud

EDIT: what about this? Has a good rating on the website.
http://www.scan.co.uk/products/8gb-...pc3-12800-(1600)-non-ecc-cas-9-9-9-24-xmp-15v

Taa

you should look at gskill ram it is just as good as corsair.

the site you are looking at doesn't have any gskill products, but I know amazon for the uk does. Also if you are wanting speed you may want to go with something in that is 1600mhz instead of 1333mhz. It will be quicker in most cases. I of course don't know what you are going to use the computer for, but if your building for gaming and general use.

maybe this Scan.co.uk: Corsair Memory XMS3 16GB DDR3 1600 MHz CAS 9 Dual Channel Desktop - CMX16GX3M4A1600C9

yeah. I would you don't need 16gb unless you are doing heavy duty graphics.

I believe that Intel usually runs 1.5v ram. not positive, but you may want to check the motherboard to make sure.

you should make sure you get the right voltage ram. Most intel set-ups run 1.5v. Check the motherboard's site to make sure it is compatible.

sorry for the double post didn't realize it posted earlier.

I just checked and that ram is on the qualified vendors list from asus.

you would save £20, by purchasing the motherboard, cpu, and ram from amazon. Plus free shipping.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom