upgrading Pavilion DV 6000

Status
Not open for further replies.

asilva1818

Beta member
I'm new to this and I'm just looking for some advice because my computer is retarded slow! it currently has i think an 80GB hard drive and the processor is the AMD turion 64 X2. I'm also running vista which I'm sure doesn't help any. So if I want to upgrade my HD and Processor can I pretty much buy anything and put it in or does it have to be compatible with what I already have? Any advice will help, thanks, also please make some recommendations on the HD and processor/motherboard. THANKS!!

Also if I replace my HD how do I keep my OS? Will back up disk save the OS?

I'm not sure what model mother board is, but should i replace both the mother board and the processor?

Probably a few hundred dollars. How do you like your setup? Something probably similar to yours will be good, but do you like the AMD over other processors? I mainly will use it to maybe play a few games and store a lot of music, everything else I use MAC but I just go insane trying to use my HP because it's just soooooooo slow.

the computer i have in my sig cost me around £250 GBP

but yeah the setup i have does what i need it to do and much more :)

not sure what that is in dollas

and if ur doing only a lil bit of gaming you need that much of a good graphics card but a good enuff one to play the game you play

how much songs in GB do you have? you may need a bigger HDD

and we need to know what kind of motherboard you have so we can see what cpus you can put onto it as you cant just put any kind of it

Since it has a Turion cpu I am guessing your system is a laptop which means the only things you can realistically upgrade are the hard drive and ram. While you can technically replace the cpu any performance increase wouldn't be worth the cost and hassle of having to completely disassemble the laptop.

if that is a laptop he is right no point in upgradeing it

unless you sell that if it is a laptop and buy a desktop

heres a mobo and CPU you could use for a desktop

Newegg.com - Intel Core 2 Duo E7400 Wolfdale 2.8GHz 3MB L2 Cache LGA 775 65W Dual-Core Processor - Processors - Desktops
Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GA-E7AUM-DS2H LGA 775 NVIDIA GeForce 9400 HDMI Micro ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards

thats $238 for the mobo and CPU plus your need a case PSU graphics card(unless you use onboard) and ram

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom