Upgrading options.......... - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > New Systems | Building and Buying
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 09-30-2005, 10:35 PM   #1 (permalink)
Super Techie

Default Upgrading options..........

At the moment I have 2*512 ocz ddr400 low latency ram in my setup, but I nowdays apparently 2 gigs is the way to go. Will upgrading my memory to 2gigs really help me with the newest games? I'm getting tired of my soul so I am contemplating whether or not to get WoW(inside joke, would have to read some posts in the gaming section of the forums), how would this game run on 1g vs 2g? If I was to upgrade should I buy 2 more 512s or just replace my existing memory with 2*1g sticks?

Whats a good UV light? I really want to show off the "purdyness" of my beloved computer which has a DFI board and OCZ psu that should make it light up.

Zalman still the fan to get for cooling your system? I am thinking about getting into overclocking soon and need to decided on a good fan cooling system for my cpu and gfx card.

I need a good headset for playing games, what would you suggest?

I know, they arn't much for upgrades but I can't really afford to upgrade anything major for awhile..............

Old 09-30-2005, 10:53 PM   #2 (permalink)
Super Techie

1 - thats what every1 is saying, 2gb the way to go, 1gb is the new 512, its fine for me anyway

2 - xp90 for cooling

3 - Icemat Siberia for headphones, (Comes in black and white)

Old 10-01-2005, 12:13 AM   #3 (permalink)
Super Techie

Oooohhhh.......I like the headphones.......I was looking at these earlier that I found surfing newegg.....

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16836504001

They are 30 bucks cheaper but they have leather like earpieces....I like how the ones you suggested are more of a soft looking foam.......As for what you speak into, is that clippy thing it?

The hsf you mentioned, I've never heard of it before and I can't find it on newgrounds to read the reviews......Can anyone else tell me what they think of it?
Old 10-01-2005, 12:19 AM   #4 (permalink)
Super Techie

Yeah, the mic is real good, it clips on anywhere you want, its much better than the attactched onto headphone one, you can even have it off with headphones on.

try the xp120 :P
Closed Thread